COVID-19 — Coronavirus

BlueHammer85

Twitter is toxic and the left and right will both have hundreds doing shit like this. I've seen duplicate posts like this trying to make the government look bad, but I've also seen a lot of fake posts from the right saying stuff like 'I'm a nurse and we have more than enough ppe, it's all fake news'. Twats the lot of them.
Post fake sh*t and get fined I say.

Ballet-on-ice

One thing is worryingly evident in all of this... People become compliant with government when placed in a state of fear and paranoia.

paulchapo

That’s interesting because Brittany ferries are not carrying lorry drivers.
It’s containers loaded on at one port and taken off at another.
Interesting, they are known as drops. I must double check but I am convinced they are taking drivers too. One a large ship there is plenty of room to social distance though.

SWP's back

CockneyWanchor

Team supported
Fulham
One thing is worryingly evident in all of this... People become compliant with government when placed in a state of fear and paranoia.
Really good point.

No one has been more compliant than me (maybe Karen!), as I haven't seen a soul since early March, when my Mrs went abroad to care for her 82 year-old mum. So I'm going along with all the measures 100%.

However, it is interesting to look at contrarians like Peter Hitchens. Whatever you think of him, he is brave for piping up with his opposition. Most of the media have been shocking throughout this time - and well before. They went from 'Don't worry, it's only like the flu' to 'Why on earth didn't the government order 500 tons of kit months ago' in the space of about a week.

I also saw an interview with a very high up Swedish immunologist (right word?), who says lockdowns are the wrong way to go.

I'm not knocking any government for any steps taken. I honestly believe they're all doing what they think is for the best.

Stay well, all.

Last edited:

Don't have an account?

Register now!