COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nudes-float-in-the-Dead-S-009.jpg

Tough wank that one, but thanks for the trying mate.

Why is it called social distancing? There is nothing social about it. Should be called anti social distancing.

Another thing. If it's so contagious why aren't supermarket workers dropping like flys? They are surrounded by people all day, yet they say we shouldn't go and see family.

The whole thing stinks. Can't trust the numbers either as it seems whatever someone has died from they just put it down as Covid19.

Project Fear in full effect.

I have seen 2 people die from it, a bloke from work and the father of a lad I know. There is a lad from Liverpool I know from clubbing who was in a bad way, in ICU. One of my best mates got it, he had the runs for a week, wiped out in bed and a bad cough.

I only know 4 people who have had it, 2 are dead, one was critical and the other fucked up in bed.

Thats enough to put the fear into me. You go and see your family If you are unfortunate to kill one of them or see them suffer, be it in your toes.

My son broke the lockdown !

Both my son and his gf (works in intensive care) havent seen each other since the start of lockdown. Last Friday as it was his birthday on the Monday and her's of the Friday they meet up on the beach and walked and talked, exchanged cards and presents etc. He told me keeping 2 meters apart all the time. I believe him.

I am so proud of the way they have both behaved all thought this lockdown that was the only time they have seen each other in over 6 weeks now.

Yet in our local paper the tips are reopening. My son said I am breaking lockdown rules by making a unnecessary journey to the beach (10 minute drive) to walk 2 away from my gf for the 1st time in months Yet I can make a necessary journey to the tip ... have a crash or catch the virus which will mean my gf will be dealing with them. She could catch the virus etc.

How is going to the tip a necessary journey ? These doctors, nurses , ambulance workers dont need more pressure by people in their 1000s now doing tip runs. It not fair on the NHS. You have had the rubbish in your house or garden for years another few months wont hurt.

Think of the NHS staff who are giving up so much before you make unnecessary journeys like the bloody tip run

I would say going for a drive in my car for pleasure is low risk but its against government rules, I cant just go for a drive around the lanes , but can take as much rubbish to tip as I want !. I think it just shows how hard lockdown is I cant do my hobby/relaxation after a hard weeks work, which a drive with roof down in the country. But people with time on their hands can empty they house/garden of 10 years of rubbish, risking hurting themselves in the process and drive to the tip ! Yet I cant do a bloody thing apart from a walk round the block ! All I do is work , sleep, watch tv , walk .....start it again on Monday ;)

I am getting bored with it and just want to blast around the lanes .....when I say blast I mean just drive for a few hours and take a walk ...;)
Don’t agree with you about re-opening tips, mate. Rubbish consists of a lot more stuff than has been lying around for years. Garden waste GROWS - very quickly - and lots of people are gardening more regularly than ever. Cardboard and packaging accumulates from deliveries. Distancing at tips should be easily manageable. There’s a hygiene/health case for it and it’s one baby step on the road back to normality.

Do agree about your motoring though. That is low risk. As are certain other things that are against the rules. I guess some things have to be done for appearance’s sake to keep the situation orderly.

MP on BBC saying there will be only very modest reductions in lockdown and to not be getting hopes up of much changing, which I think is right and what will happen.
This. I’d like the government to accompany that with a statement saying the Press have been utterly irresponsible and risk having the lockdown extended if continuing to encourage everyone to ease up.

Fortunately, next week’s shit weather will dampen things down a bit anyway.

I have seen 2 people die from it, a bloke from work and the father of a lad I know. There is a lad from Liverpool I know from clubbing who was in a bad way, in ICU. One of my best mates got it, he had the runs for a week, wiped out in bed and a bad cough.

I only know 4 people who have had it, 2 are dead, one was critical and the other fucked up in bed.

Thats enough to put the fear into me. You go and see your family If you are unfortunate to kill one of them or see them suffer, be it in your toes.

Blimey that's terrible for you, but you've been really unfortunate there as the probabilities of that scenario on average are extremely low and naturally there may be some people you know that have not even have known they had it. You must be one of those characters like Poirot where everyone drops around them wherever they go; I will give you a wide berth if I ever see you at the Etihad in future.

I think it is very interesting — on my more pessimistic days, troubling — that many are still fixated on the mortality rate (and the various ways it can be segmented) as the ultimate measure for assessment and decision-making, whilst seemingly ignoring the severe case rate, as well as the qualitative aspects of severe case recovery in the populations impacted. And not only ignoring it, but not attempting to understand or acknowledge the short- and long-term economic, social, and health implications of so many with chronic issues and/or decreased capacities, all of which will need to be managed by someone (if not the person themselves) at a cost that must also be borne by someone (again, if not only themselves).

Not to mention the obsession with Sweden’s response, not fully comprehending the inherent differences in their demographics, general health conditions, and the actual “strategy” they employed compared to most other regions. If anyone took a quick look a per capita new case rate, severe cases, and deaths they would find Sweden quite high up the rankings. And if they studied the general social, living, health, and healthcare differences between Sweden and other impacted nations (especially the UK, US, Spain, Italy), they might come to the conclusion that such a strategy would have likely been catastrophic for many other nations if implemented. Not to mention the strategy, which effectively is “Live and Let Die”, is not only dubious scientifically (as it is based on the presumption of sustained individual immunity to build “herd immunity” without vaccination) but questionable ethically/morally (“we have chosen to let people suffer and potentially die en masse to protect the economy”, which is always questionable, regardless if we have done it with other situations in the past).

But I suppose the fixations and obsessions on simple assessments and solutions to one of the most complex problems that humanity has yet faced does bring comfort and a modicum of security to the frightened masses, especially those looking for someone —anyone — to blame for their current plight. An invisible, indiscriminate, unthinking, ever-changing, essentially lifeless enemy that cannot be reasoned with, bullied, shamed, or subjugated is terrifying, after all. And scapegoating those not willing to make personal sacrifice to relieve your own suffering is the act that bonds all humans. As is sacrificing them anyway. The ends justify the means, even when you aren’t certain of the ends.

But those stating that the most horribly impacted among us “would have died anyway, so why make others sacrifice to attempt to prevent it” seem to miss that such an argument can be applied to literally everything. Everyone will die anyway. That doesn’t normally prevent us from attempting to mitigate loss, alleviate suffering, improve wellbeing, and generally stave off the inevitable. And we certainly spend quite a lot of time, effort, and money — at times to a disruptive level — to stop avoidable death (especially, and sometimes exclusively, our own). Delaying the inevitable is another way of describing healthcare. But when it comes to mass death that is generally befalling “others” we tend to suspend these normal activities for the “greater good”. Suffering and death is often suddenly considered the natural way of things when potentially preventing it requires real collective sacrifice.

In the end, I am expendable. I will die anyway. Sacrifices have to be made. I may be part of the sacrifice. I hope the gods will show you favour if I am.

Until then, stay well.

This. I’d like the government to accompany that with a statement saying the Press have been utterly irresponsible and risk having the lockdown extended if continuing to encourage everyone to ease up.

Fortunately, next week’s shit weather will dampen things down a bit anyway.
Problem is, the press are only reporting what the government have told them to, so probably wouldn't take that kindly to being told off by the very people who told them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.