COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXf1271WkAA_nwA

The effects of Easter very obvious now. well done jesus!
Are you seeing this, Beth Rigby ?

EXf1271WkAA_nwA

To be honest was hoping for lower numbers by now. Overall deaths coming down slower than I thought they might by now although that may have something to do with care homes and the amount of muppets still out and about needlessly.

Interesting observations in there. In the early days of this thread we exchanged quite a bit on the science matters and I remember tentatively introducing the notion that this could have very serious global economic implications which was not to be written about at that stage of this story (scaremonger and 'it's just a flu' were the auto responses). It's been very interesting and educational for me to see how this thread has developed as events have moved on as I would say I have learned more about 'human behaviour' than anything else.

As posters, we generally seem to be polarised on strategies and the understanding of various topics based upon our current employment situation, political/moral leanings , source of news and most importantly in this situation how we perceive the immediate threat to ourselves and our friends and families and what's the best way to safeguard them. Existing narratives are often shoehorned into any significant statistic released or government policy announced although it's good to see some posters admit to having reassessed their stances one way or another. Personally as someone who runs businesses and have people employed I admittedly suffer from living in an echo chamber at times and relying too heavily on my own intuitions so I have appreciated the varying conclusions and observations of a wider audience on this forum as people have insight and exposure to situations I never even thought about.

I maintain to be guided by the best science available in terms of an end game to this situation and I still believe that a global and unified strategy to eliminate/mitigate cv19 is the only viable solution we have, but I have also reconciled myself to accepting this isn't going to happen unfortunately. We will eventually all stumble over the line and look back in sadness for the ones we have lost to CV and what mistakes we made, but hopefully in equal measure we will be proud that we stood, worked and helped each other with best intentions for all....Then we can all have the mother of all piss ups ;-)
I am of the same mind, but am forced to read rather than post these days — it took me an hour to voice dictate and then edit that post, so I now have to really consider when posting is worth the time and effort. I was quite prolific from the beginning of the thread (as were you), doing my best to steer the conversation toward evidence-based discussion, empathy, and earnest humour. I also introduced the likely substantial economic impact back in late January / early February — there were a few media outlets writing about it even then, but nowhere near the intense scrutiny now. However, that time for my participation has all but passed, as has the baton. It is encouraging to see you and others continue to guide the thread toward productive, open-minded, compassionate, holistic discussion and I do certainly hope that we (including our leaders) can look back at this period of our history knowing most helped each other toward an optimal, mutually beneficial outcome. I can’t say my hope extends to belief, though. As you said, we have all learned quite a lot about human behaviour over the last few months if we have been paying attention, especially as it relates to those in positions of power and influence.

Still, Bluemoon generally remains a bastion of support and solidarity, even despite occasional squabbles and handbags, which has become all the more important given what has already occurred and what is to come. I look forward to the continued discussion on here, even if my engagement will mostly be via liking posts.

Stay safe and pass to Silva.

EXf1271WkAA_nwA

Worth bearing in mind too, that the trend of your graph is slightly misleading as it will be much more of a plateau once the additional deaths have been backdated on to the most recent days.

Did they ever reach a consensus on the use of ibuprofen? I know at one point there was concerns. Only asking as I feel quite under the weather today.

Did they ever reach a consensus on the use of ibuprofen? I know at one point there was concerns. Only asking as I feel quite under the weather today.

I thought that view was based on the idea that surpressing the fever via NSAIDs was not a good idea as it means your body will be less efficient at fighting the virus?

Tbh, as someone who has a stomach ulcer (H Pylori) and occasional gastritis, I would not recommend ibuprofen over paracetamol or co-codamol. Ibuprofen is terrible for the stomach.

I believe it's been said that its affects on the respiratory system could become problematic.

If you have asthma it causes complications in 5% of people. Without asthma 1% have a reaction - as far as COVID-19 is concerned, if you know you have an allergy to ibuprofen and have asthma then avoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.