COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks can be recycled you know. Bung them in an enclosed box and fill said box with concentrated Ozone for 2 hours. All germs dead. Stick an invisible ink dot on the mask that shows up under UV light. Dispose after 20 dots (as the mask will be just about to fall apart). They do this in the far east.

Or maybe just leave them in fresh air/sunlight for 3 days ?

I think people have misconceptions about how masks do their job. I learned myself only a week a two ago on from a science podcast I listen to. It's not the physical barrier which does most of the work, it's a function of static mainly. Supposedly ozoning/radiating etc greatly reduces this effectiveness.

I think people have misconceptions about how masks do their job. I learned myself only a week a two ago on from a science podcast I listen to. It's not the physical barrier which does most of the work, it's a function of static mainly. Supposedly ozoning/radiating etc greatly reduces this effectiveness.

So can you translate that into advice for the common person as to a) whether to wear a mask and b) what to do with it between wears ?

Last edited:
It's in the post above if you fancy a listen. The podcast is meant for laypeople anyway so it's not full of jargon.

It wont open for me. Maybe you can just clarify.....is there any advice on there should I be wearing a mask and if so what should I be doing with it between wears ?

We get our mask after each outing and spray both sides profusely with a mixture of 10% ZoFlora virus killer and then we peg them out on the balcony to dry. We aim to get a week out of each mask before disposal. I also remain thankful that we now know which way the masks fit as we have been wearing them inside out for the past few weeks. Blue to the outside as ever!

We get our mask after each outing and spray both sides profusely with a mixture of 10% ZoFlora virus killer and then we peg them out on the balcony to dry. We aim to get a week out of each mask before disposal. I also remain thankful that we now know which way the masks fit as we have been wearing them inside out for the past few weeks. Blue to the outside as ever!

That's the sort of practical thing Im looking for Bob (except wearing the damn thing inside out !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.