COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

That's unimaginable. It sounds like you're going through the whole tick list.

2. jimharri

jimharri

Made me smile anyway.

3. kaz7

kaz7

mixed messages all week and his throw away comments,once all the front pages went together the public have their excuse

ADVERTISEMENT

4. kaz7

kaz7

Why did you think the papers all went together based on his throwaway comments?

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

It's a difficult one as any advice comes across as condescending. I do believe where one lives has greatly influenced how people have dealt with it. Living in rural Derbyshire, having long walks and seeing hardly any anti social behaviour has made it bearable. I am usually one to see everything in black and white, some of the stories pals tell me from Manchester would get me livid to be sure.

I now try to live my life by a set of rules. One of which says, if I cannot alter the situation then let it go. If i can alter it try my up most to do it.
    I find society difficult, don't like so much about it, tried to make an impact as a younger man, wasted 25 years in Education trying to change the world.
    I am potless at the moment, cannot do any of the things I like and love, do find pilates and a little meditation relaxing, 10 miles a day, and 2 hours whacking balls into a golf net.
    Hope things improve for you, control the controllable and fuck the rest.

twosips likes this.
  6. DrBlueBob

DrBlueBob

Cheers twosips. Stay strong and safe.

twosips likes this.
  7. Manc in London

Manc in London

Sorry, I don't know your personal circumstances but do you do any exercise? I find exercise and healthy eating has kept up my energy

DrBlueBob likes this.
  8. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

That's flimsy, at best. Let's not politicise people acting like entitled fucking bell-ends.
    It's a bit like a "well, a bloke said in the pub"...

9. kaz7

kaz7

they are all bellends but don't give them an extra excuse

10. DrBlueBob

DrBlueBob

Try to set yourself things to do. Read that book you have been meaning to, Learn a skill from YouTube, not an easy situation for you, or indeed many people for that matter. Most important, try and maintain a positivity. Have a chat with your wife and calmly tell each other how you are both feeling. Problem shared etc. Obviously these are mere platitudes but as is my new mantra, stay strong and safe.