COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. twosips

twosips

I got out of my flat. That was the thing that pissed me off. People. I am learning a new skill and I am doing new things. These things are irrelevant to the selfish cunts whose actions are going to make life very difficult for people I love. No amount of distracting yourself with activities changes those facts really. Its just that. A distraction. I can't do the ignorance is bliss thing and I envy people who can. Life must be a lot easier. I'd wager most of the cunts breaking the rules live like that. And I'm not wallowing in self pity. I'm just fucking angry. There's a difference.

Edit - I wasn't looking for negativity either. I went to the shop. Walking with my eyes closed isn't an option unsurprisingly...

2. DrBlueBob

DrBlueBob

Only about 25% of flour produced normally goes to the retail trade so you are absolutely correct. I have given away a few bags of flour to my neighbours when I managed to find them, (the flour that is) as I always seem to have a large stock of the stuff.

3. MCFC_ Phil

MCFC_ Phil

True this. I actually thought those headlines were scandalous. Those editors should really take a close look at themselves, scumbags

ADVERTISEMENT

4. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Well the Spanish relaxation of lockdown rules has to be earned Province by Province.
    I live in Almeria which is one of the Provinces within the Autonomous Region of Southern Spain called Andalucia.
    Our recent record was very good, zero deaths and zero hospital admissions in the last 6 days so we qualify today for stage 1 on monday. There are 8 Provinces herein Andalucia but not all passed.
    Amongst new allowances are more people in a car but no travelling between Provinces and full maintenance of distancing.
    Quite detailed stuff published by police but we will see how it goes on Monday.

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

As you do not believe what the papers write, why do you care so much what they write ?

6. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Apparantly public transport won't be opened up in the near future - you'll have to walk or bike to work.

lonestay and Gaylord du Bois like this.
  7. twosips

twosips

Public transport is still going though? Well it is here. Live in town and I see trams/buses all the time. Trains are defo still going too. I live right behind Oxford road station.

8. sir baconface

sir baconface

Fair enough, mate, and I wish you well.

If there’s one thing this thread is showing, it’s that lockdown must be eased in a planned and responsible manner sooner rather than later. Online curtain-twitching is reaching Urmstonian epidemic proportions. The whole of the world is breaching lockdown except our lily white Bluemoon posters. Old people celebrating VE Day are nothing more than care home “contents”.

I’ve seen more cheer in a match day thread when we’re losing 2-0. We have more miserable cnuts than could fit on RAWK if the season gets cancelled.

9. ganganvince

ganganvince

Have you got a link for that all I saw was him tell Starmer and the speaker he wanted to do it Sunday rather than Monday to the commons.

kevin horlocks wand likes this.
  10. SWP's back

SWP's back

Great advice. Myself and my wife tried that sex thing we’ve heard about this afternoon. Was fun.

DrBlueBob likes this.