COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry everyone, Boris has got a new slogan:

If that doesn't stop the virus, I don't know what will.

Yes at times like this you hope there is a proper leader, a calm authoritative figure people can look up to, believe in and follow. Instead we have the comic cut figure of Boris and the Yanks have Trump, you couldn't make it up. Luckily most people have common sense and were staying home, avoiding mass gatherings and taking precautions before the government woke up and got onboard. They will continue to do the right thing going forwards and not be swayed by the at times mixed advice coming from the top.

Tell you what I see out and about.
If you’ve got fuck all in your life, you carry on regardless. Going outside in sunny weather with a bottle of cider is a must for them.
They don’t give a fuck and there everywhere, normally sat teasing a staffy bull and chatting loudly in some strange language.

walked past them everyday through lockdown and noticed one I knew through his dad yesterday, he was coming out of the co op, big grin coz he’d just nicked his tins, I let on to him and the fucker bee lined to give me one of them gangster type hugs, after a sharp do one from me, we had a brief chat, his attitude was, it’s fuckin mint. Mates are all out, weather great, don’t believe the government it’s all bollocks. No fucker telling me what to do etc.
Luckily another dude came over and they both made to move off, as they were going I noticed the other dude was kind of dragging his dog, I asked what was up with it, it’s fuckin pissed mate, was the reply.

When I got home I realised I’d just been literally laughed at and looked at like some nutter, this scrote genuinely thinks I’m some kind of conspiracy theorist.
All I basically said was, be careful 30k dead.
he was cocking his sides.

You’ve no fuckin chance with these type.

When they were preparing for lockdown they did say that we can’t lock down too early as people (code for dickheads) won’t obey the rules if it is for too long so we have to mange it carefully and take account of people’s behaviour in the face of being locked up ( he meant dickheads) .

unfortunately when you take measures you have to take account and model for non cooperation which they said they did . By in large most people have obeyed the rules and I think probably the govt are surprised by how compliant we have been . France, the us and Germany have had anti lockdown protests throughout so we have been pretty good.

however the tipping point has been reached and a slow gradual easing now is right the dickheads are going to start ruining it for us all, but dickheads will always be dickheads.

It was worse this weekend but the weather and VE Day will have a bearing. It’s freezing today so parks won’t be so busy today or this week.

"stay alert, control the virus, save lives"

That makes the UK strategy explicit. The UK is not seeking to totally suppress the virus. The discussion as to the best strategy will continue but if nothing else there is now no ambiguity as to the road which the UK has taken.

Is it the BBC throwing it out ?

I don't doubt it but the other image is from last year. I see this going on in a much smaller scale but I believe that there's enough of us to see this through, regardless of a minority of fuckwits.
It was on the BBC live feed earlier, but has mysteriously disappeared. Surprise surprise.

The Americans in their haste to be the first to do something and rushed out the 20min test for covid are finding a lot of them with so many false results they are hardly worth using.less haste more speed as they say

The top three drs in America are in quarantine ,three aids to the don and pence have covid,meanwhile trump is going about ,meeting old guys with no mask,he said it was too windy....
Typical America, fucking clueless.

The tabloids have handled this crisis as bad as they do football. Lies, sensationalism, half truths, stupid questions and comments. They are utter scum with only a few minor exceptions.

Government gives clear guidelines lock down extended 3 weeks and stay at home . Sunday pm will give a statement.

press: he is easing the lockdown , this is confusing, people are confused , guess and try and get leaks from a government source

press: show as many people sat in parks as you can to promote your story that it’s unclear and to encourage others to see the pictures and think oh well, if they are doing it so will I. More pictures and stories about lockdown easing

sunday : report a story of a nurse dying of Covid, next to packed parks

Monday Press . Blame the government.

As we have already witnessed in the last few days people are no longer staying home or social distancing this will only add fuel to the fire i fear we could end up back to square one very soon.This new message and the opening of garden centres i shit you not is the best they could come up with then we are all doomed!.
I disagree, in that I think we will attempt to move to a protect the vulnerable/old whilst slowly trying to get the “younger” back to work. Consequently opening garden centres will hopefully be a way of keeping a lot of the older generation busy as gardening is a salvation for them.

There will always be a section of the population who are ignorant twats, not a lot we can do about them, but hopefully the vast majority are capable of carrying on the social distancing and being careful, imo.

Government gives clear guidelines lock down extended 3 weeks and stay at home . Sunday pm will give a statement.

press: he is easing the lockdown , this is confusing, people are confused , guess and try and get leaks from a government source

press: show as many people sat in parks as you can to promote your story that it’s unclear and to encourage others to see the pictures and think oh well, if they are doing it so will I. More pictures and stories about lockdown easing

sunday : report a story of a nurse dying of Covid, next to packed parks

Monday Press . Blame the government.
Personally think the government are getting an easy ride. Can you imagine what the DM, Express et al would be saying if Corbyn were PM and more than 30k had died, many of them elderly people in poorly protected care homes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.