COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

I disagree, in that I think we will attempt to move to a protect the vulnerable/old whilst slowly trying to get the “younger” back to work. Consequently opening garden centres will hopefully be a way of keeping a lot of the older generation busy as gardening is a salvation for them.

There will always be a section of the population who are ignorant twats, not a lot we can do about them, but hopefully the vast majority are capable of carrying on the social distancing and being careful, imo.

kevin horlocks wand likes this.
  2. robbieh

robbieh

Personally think the government are getting an easy ride. Can you imagine what the DM, Express et al would be saying if Corbyn were PM and more than 30k had died, many of them elderly people in poorly protected care homes..

BosnianBlue and bellbuzzer like this.
  3. paulchapo

paulchapo

One paper it was proved they doctored a picture to make it look like people were all condensed together when they were actually socially distancing. The thing is the treatment of ourselves by the media in the last few years means we know how low they stoop so its no surprise.

ctid1894 and kevin horlocks wand like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Too much social mixing this weekend with people having these be parties. Will undoubtedly be a spike of some sorts after this weekend. Hopeful news however about the r rate in the open community.

5. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

true. The press have turned into scum sewer rats. There isn’t a decent impartial paper or news programme.

they don’t report just throw rocks be it Tories or labour .

It’s become all about them and it really isn’t.

ctid1894 and worsleyweb like this.
  6. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

Police are fighting a losing battle , loads of people out and about the weekend.
    Had a walk round daisy nook yesterday it was busier than normal. And a mate said loads were out at Heston park.
    Just seen thr news footage of hackney in London like a normal day there.
    People having VE parties across the country many weren't social distancing, there was one opposite my mums house and people were hugging one another.

7. waspish

waspish

On radio last night they mentioned in China 1 person with the virus went on a bus infected 8 the bus was put in depot never got disinfect next day went out and infected more people. That’s what we dealing with.

8. sir baconface

sir baconface

This is getting tiresome.

I can’t even indulge in my fetish for squeezing King Edwards without some busy cnut dobbing me in on social media.

9. Vic

Vic

Stay alert.

If you see an unattended virus do not touch it but report it to station staff or ring 999. Same if you see a virus acting suspiciously.

BosnianBlue likes this.
  10. Eds

Eds

Media were screaming for a lockdown which eventually happened. After a few weeks they were screaming for an end to lockdown. Now it appears we are having an easing of it they are moaning that we should still be in lockdown. Same regarding airlines, why aren’t we isolating people arriving in the UK was their mantra. Now it may be happening they are up in arms. The media have been utterly appalling in all this with their deliberately misleading headlines, pointless questioning and their continual guessing over this situation. It’s a global pandemic that nobody knows how best to deal with it and it’s not helped with our media trying to push government down a specific route. Maybe the headlines every day should be ‘thousands more idiots continue to ignore instructions to stay at home and continue to spread the virus making it harder for lockdown to end’.