COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now we are both clear on our argument, I’ll try to explain why I believe they don’t need to issue any guidance on this.

1: The effectiveness of a face mask is very much open to debate.

2: Its not like hand washing, for example, which is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it helps stop the spread of a virus. This is why it is a public guidance.

You can’t push something when the end result may not actually have the effect it needs. That is irresponsible leadership. Its also, why, they have left us to decide.

That is the correct decision and I fully support the government in this measure.
1. Is balderdash. 25% to 64% of deaths resulting from close contact infection would not have happened if face covering had been worn. The science is now certain.
2. Is more effective than face covering. But to not do 1 is rank stupidity.

Not a conspiracy theory just an observation but I'm sure tests into facemask use would have been carried out before this pandemic and instead of saying they were waiting for evidence, they should have known either way

Research into face masks has been ongoing for centuries.

No definitive answer has ever really been found, certainly not to the extent of hand washing.

They were never going to get a clear direction, and maybe they were waiting to see if something more concrete would land.

We can’t expect them to justify and explain every single choice they make.

They have to assume that the majority of the nation can make their own call.

There are. I don’t disagree

But hand washing is the most effective. That is why they are pushing it.

I could rattle off 20 other measures that may produce some positive effect against this virus.

Maybe I should contact my local MP and ask if they can be passed to Downing Street so that every fucker in the UK who needs their arse wiping can see it as well.

It’s a fucking tedious argument.

They have outlined the most effective measures against the virus.

They don’t think a face mask is one.

Look, I could go on forever with a number of people on this debate so I’ll end with this:

I agree that the decision not endorse the use of a face mask is the correct choice.

Read this
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468042720300117?via=ihub

One of the 20+ recent scientific reports that state face coverings ARE effective.

1. Is balderdash. 25% to 64% of deaths resulting from close contact infection would not have happened if face covering had been worn. The science is now certain.
2. Is more effective than face covering. But to not do 1 is rank stupidity.

Im not arguing about the effectiveness of a face mask alone, I’m putting it up against hand washing because that has been issued as a public guidance, and given that the debate here is about the government not pushing it, I thought it was quite relevant.

For the last time, I don’t dispute that a face mask is probably better than not wearing one, my argument is that based on the research it’s not something that would be used as a public guidance.

Not going round circles anymore on this one.

They decided it wasn’t required in the message or the public guidance. I agree with that choice. Some don’t.

I’m out!

New Zealand 4.9m people, sparsely populated without an international travel hub and fully in control of it's own borders.
My 4 year old granddaughter could have done as good a job.
Whoever made the video could have used South Korea or Germany as the comparison though with the same effect

Im not arguing about the effectiveness of a face mask alone, I’m putting it up against hand washing because that has been issued as a public guidance, and given that the debate here is about the government not pushing it, I thought it was quite relevant.

For the last time, I don’t dispute that a face mask is probably better than not wearing one, my argument is that based on the research it’s not something that would be used as a public guidance.

Not going round circles anymore on this one.

They decided it wasn’t required in the message or the public guidance. I agree with that choice. Some don’t.

I’m out!
Good. They do need to be done TOGETHER. The face covering is only required when you are less than 2m apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.