COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now we are both clear on our argument, I’ll try to explain why I believe they don’t need to issue any guidance on this.

1: The effectiveness of a face mask is very much open to debate.

2: Its not like hand washing, for example, which is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it helps stop the spread of a virus. This is why it is a public guidance.

You can’t push something when the end result may not actually have the effect it needs. That is irresponsible leadership. Its also, why, they have left us to decide.

That is the correct decision and I fully support the government in this measure.

The government did say when using public transport or confine places where there is a lot of people its recommenced to wear a face mask.

I get both points, some people like to be told or need to do.

I have seen a lot of stuff posted on this thread complaining about people having a go at the government, constantly describing it as tedious or petty political point scoring. Yet there are number of posters who will go through all manner of mental contortions to excuse anything and everything the government does and seem intent on absolving them of any kind of responsibility. Peronally I think that is petty political point scoring and very fucking tedious indeed.

Only in the fullness of time will we find out which policy was best. If a vaccine isn't found (not a given) then hiding away will ruin New Zealand, how do they come out of lockdown into a Covid-19 ridden world? Same with Germany, China TBH. Let's hope the magic bullet arrives quickly and we can immunise the elderly/at risk as we do with Flu.

The government did say when using public transport or confine places where there is a lot of people its recommenced to wear a face mask.

I get both points, some people like to be told or need to do.

They did and it’s why I wear one. I’ve had a look at the detail and made my own choice.

Initially two sips was getting pissed because it wasn’t being pushed centrally as much as he would like.

My argument all along has been to explain why they haven’t done that en masse.

I have seen a lot of stuff posted on this thread complaining about people having a go at the government, constantly describing it as tedious or petty political point scoring. Yet there are number of posters who will go through all manner of mental contortions to excuse anything and everything the government does and seem intent on absolving them of any kind of responsibility. Peronally I think that is petty political point scoring and very fucking tedious indeed.

That is a stipulate point in most debates on here. It’s human nature to operate the extreme during an argument. People think it helps expand their point.

Neither is tedious.

They did and it’s why I wear one. I’ve had a look at the detail and made my own choice.

Initially two sips was getting pissed because it wasn’t being pushed centrally as much as he would like.

My argument all along has been to explain why they haven’t done that en masse.

Up to date article on the potential effects of survivors medium term health on cv19 and very interesting analysis of monitoring that happened during the subsequent years to the initial 2003 SARS survivors, not very positive follow up data on those who survived unfortunately :-(

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lth-effects-can-last-long-after-virus-is-gone

Also think this section needs highlighting for future consideration on policy seeing as we are always behind the curve on the science.

There is some hope: Early intervention could play a role in longer-term outcomes of coronavirus patients, said Ivan Hung, a professor of medicine at the University of Hong Kong. Hung said in April that 90% of about 200 discharged patients he oversaw at a clinic at one of the city’s hospitals appear to be making a full recovery a month out.

He attributed the success to Hong Kong’s “early diagnosis and early treatment” of patients, which leaves the virus with less time to wreak havoc on the body.

You can't go to work in London without using public transport. To restart work in London without South Korean protective measures in place is rediculous.
That said Khan and TfL has done absolutely nothing over the last 6 weeks for this to happen.
Will the government remove parking restrictions to facilitate work without using public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.