COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had the test i can tell you it goes very high up your nose and very far down your throat ,i just can't see people doing that to themselves at home so I doubt the home tests are accurate

You are right. We travelled to Knutsford for our test. We assumed they would do the swabbing.
Yet they just passed/dropped the kits into the car for us to do it.
The throat test was murder. We both had the tickly throat symptoms, so gagged at the slightest touch.
How much material we got is anybody's guess, but i doubt we did it right. The nose part was easier, so we give that a good go!
The test(s) came back negative.

I broke no rules. You’re also making assumptions that you don’t have complete knowledge about.

I never claimed you did, just highlighting issues with a 'Common Sense' approach.

To be fair I could only go off what you posted as you provided no context. This highlights another issue with the approach as what on the face of it appears lacking in common sense, circumstances might warrant the decisions made.

Again this wasn't meant as a slight, people might agree/disagree with you/me and that is the issue that surrounds 'common sense'.

Last edited:
Looks like we're going to have a 4 week heat wave, maybe 8 weeks. Good news for putting the current Coronavirus epidemic wave to bed.

You are right. We travelled to Knutsford for our test. We assumed they would do the swabbing.
Yet they just passed/dropped the kits into the car for us to do it.
The throat test was murder. We both had the tickly throat symptoms, so gagged at the slightest touch.
How much material we got is anybody's guess, but i doubt we did it right. The nose part was easier, so we give that a good go!
The test(s) came back negative.
Glad they came back negative ,i do think we are putting too much faith in home tests to be honest,it is not easy to push the swabs further than you want them to go on yourself

Fair enough, but it was all the rage a month ago, but now seems to be barely mentioned at all.

We need this to see who has or hasn't had it amongst the 64m people not so far tested, it should be a priority.
I think the Oxford one will deliver bulk testing in June.

Looks like we're going to have a 4 week heat wave, maybe 8 weeks. Good news for putting the current Coronavirus epidemic wave to bed.
In every scenario modeled, they found that warm weather did not halt transmission. That was because, in the case of the common cold, a large segment of the population typically gets sick and develops immunity by spring. With SARS-CoV-2, however, enough of the population will likely remain vulnerable, allowing it to spread even if transmission is reduced in warmer months

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...ay-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/

Not the best news if true although would be similar to what Vallance said about us the other day.

If a vaccine isnt available by early next year, then personally, I think we may need to requisition holiday camps and isolate the young and healthy there and deliberately infect them. Volumteers only of course and no obvious underlying health conditions.

If a vaccine isnt available by early next year, then personally, I think we may need to requisition holiday camps and isolate the young and healthy there and deliberately infect them. Volumteers only of course and no obvious underlying health conditions.

The likelihood of that ever happening though. Can you imagine the outrage? No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.