COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a vaccine isnt available by early next year, then personally, I think we may need to requisition holiday camps and isolate the young and healthy there and deliberately infect them. Volumteers only of course and no obvious underlying health conditions.

How would this link with the article which AlgarveBlu has posted though which suggests there could be very serious long term effects even for asymtomatic patients. Could they infect people knowing it probably won't take them out there and then but 10 years down the line who knows what kind of condition their lungs or heart will be in? Sounds dangerous.

In every scenario modeled, they found that warm weather did not halt transmission. That was because, in the case of the common cold, a large segment of the population typically gets sick and develops immunity by spring. With SARS-CoV-2, however, enough of the population will likely remain vulnerable, allowing it to spread even if transmission is reduced in warmer months

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...ay-not-go-away-in-warmer-weather-as-do-colds/
Ah but that report says that heat and especially humidity does slow it a bit. That will help a lot. You are also forgetting that the UK is normally cool and damp which is normally maximum facilitation for any virus. Also the Korean head of respiratory medicine in Soul was pretty sure the virus would be less infective in the summer months and he is worried about the autumn come back tour.

Last edited:
Dya reckon? Is that based on sunlight? Or are you being sarcastic?
Not necessarily sunlight but certainly humidity and the fact the UK is cold and damp (virus party time) and we will open windows and maximise ventilation that will ground virus particles in what little breeze we have.

How would this link with the article which AlgarveBlu has posted though which suggests there could be very serious long term effects even for asymtomatic patients. Could they infect people knowing it probably won't take them out there and then but 10 years down the line who knows what kind of condition their lungs or heart will be in? Sounds dangerous.
If we dont get a vaccine we are going to have to live with the virus. We cant kill the economy forever. That will kill more people than the virus.

Ah but that report says that heat and especially humidity does slow it a bit. You are also forgetting that the UK is normally cool and damp which is normally maximum facilitation for any virus. Also the Korean head of respiratory medicine in Soul was pretty sure the virus would be less infective in the summer months and he is worried about the autumn come back tour.
You said put to bed,clearly a look around around the world and research doesn't bear that out,it should slow but it will still be here and still spreading and still killing,social distancing will have to continue just the same as now,you forget this is a brand new virus that has its own identity and complete with surprises

So far you have told people they are definately immune and for how long,in capitals i think it was and that antibody tests have already been used and good enough for clinical use,i will let you off masks although you over egg them a lot

Don't lead people up the wrong path,everyone wants hope but bad info is worse than no info

I have a question, I tested positive the wife was negative. If she test positive in the future would I have to isolate for 14 days because I live in the same house.

Not necessarily sunlight but certainly humidity and the fact the UK is cold and damp (virus party time) and we will open windows and maximise ventilation that will ground virus particles in what little breeze we have.
The sunlight aspect is unclear. US Dept of Homeland Security did an experiment on aerosols of saliva droplets containing saliva droplets and claimed that the virus was very rapidly destroyed by 'sunlight' but I don't think they clarified what they meant by sunlight. Was that the sunlight at ground level (largely devoid of UVC)? Not clear.

5S3N697.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.