COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing with Denmark, a country with half the numbers of positive tests per million. Yep, great idea. You should sign up and advise the DfE.
Right - So let's roll our own solution.
I see crashing and burning ahead.
Pick up what works elsewhere and ditch what doesn't.

Last edited:
I have a question, I tested positive the wife was negative. If she test positive in the future would I have to isolate for 14 days because I live in the same house.
Good question. Based on what we know now I would say out of abundance of caution you should isolate but I don't know what the official guidance would be. I think it is a question mark as to how effective your antibodies would be in neutralising the virus, and this a priority for investigation.

I have a question, I tested positive the wife was negative. If she test positive in the future would I have to isolate for 14 days because I live in the same house.
If she gets it from you within 14 days then no as you are both currently isolating (one has it and everybody in the household isolates for 14 days or until no longer showing symptoms whichever is later). if not then yes you do need to isolate again as there is no current antibody test available for you to prove you have had it.

Last edited:
Yes because it is not confirmed by any dr that you have immuniuty yet
I have it with a positive test. But until the immunity question is solved i am carrying
on as if i havent had it,taking no chances as i cant to it a second time

You said put to bed,clearly a look around around the world and research doesn't bear that out,it should slow but it will still be here and still spreading and still killing,social distancing will have to continue just the same as now,you forget this is a brand new virus that has its own identity and complete with surprises

So far you have told people they are definately immune and for how long,in capitals i think it was and that antibody tests have already been used and good enough for clinical use,i will let you off masks although you over egg them a lot

Don't lead people up the wrong path,everyone wants hope but bad info is worse than no info

The sunlight aspect is unclear. US Dept of Homeland Security did an experiment on aerosols of saliva droplets containing saliva droplets and claimed that the virus was very rapidly destroyed by 'sunlight' but I don't think they clarified what they meant by sunlight. Was that the sunlight at ground level (largely devoid of UVC)? Not clear.

5S3N697.png

SAGE are pretty sure heat and sunlight will help.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...can-protect-against-coronavirus-sage-adviser/

Ah but that report says that heat and especially humidity does slow it a bit. That will help a lot. You are also forgetting that the UK is normally cool and damp which is normally maximum facilitation for any virus. Also the Korean head of respiratory medicine in Soul was pretty sure the virus would be less infective in the summer months and he is worried about the autumn come back tour.

one other thing that does seem to be gaining traction is vitamin D. It can be taken as a supplement but with summer comes natural vitamin D for all that go outside. So hopefully that will assist in lowering severe cases a little.

Last edited:
one other thing that does seem to be gaining traction is vitamin D. It can be taken as a supplement but with summer comes natural vitamin D for all that go outside. So hopefully that will assist in lowering severe cases a little.
Yes indeed. Something my research picked up in February. Thank God I loaded up or I'd probably be dead now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.