COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions

Uni students question,too early to say when they will open

Operations postponed,when will these be able to be done ? NHS has had to focus on covid,as soon as is safe to do so,the nhs is open

Media

Care homes ,when are they going to get support ? Gov is trying to provide the ppe they need,help with infection control,lots of them are covid free,big effort on testing,patients from hospitals have to have two neg tests

When can competitive football start? Small carefully measured steps,safe return to training ,have to see how that goes before thinking about playing games

Antibody test uses? We have a highly specific test now,good news to see who has had it,big question mark over immunity still,rapid roll out ,frontline and carers first
Only have five months experience with covid,need to test and retest over time to see if there is immunity and for how long,have to be patient for answers on immunity,science can't be rushed

Number of urgent operations cancelled in march data,NHS england has cancelled the release of these numbers ,why? Will ask the health secretary about it

Transport bailed out money wise question

Why won't the french be subject to 14 day isolation? Discussions still going on ,plans on border control ongoing ,people coming in will have to download the test ,track and tracking app

Test and tracking,half of the isle of white has downloaded the app

People using transport ? Incentives to people using electric cars,fixing roads for driving and cycling,encouraging less public transport

Holidays ? Outside like camping etc safer than hotels? Right now people need to stay at their own homes ,outdoor is much less risk normally but sharing a tent is a small space,careful thought going into this

Hospitality industry,france opening theirs up in july,can we ? France are a few weeks ahead of us with covid,have to have the R rate here right before we take those decisions

Plymouth has lost a huge amount from tourism and loss of students in the city and costs of covid,will they get help? Business support grants are going there,additional support to councils

Its basically a modellers guess, and from what they were talking about the other day in terms of antibody testing unlikely to be accurate unfortunately. Spain have said their level of antibodies is around 5% of the population and one of the advisers said it was about 4% here.
I hope the modellers are right but I would be very sceptical.

There is some dispute on that figure it seems
The Department for Health and Social Care has confirmed a further 428 deaths have been reported in the past 24 hours.

The daily update also said that there were 126,064 tests but only 71,644 people were tested as of 9am today

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-coronavirus-pandemic-updates-live-22012136
People tested does not include postal tests sure we have been here before. link shows how the breakdown works.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

I have no idea which video you are on about
Karen all you have to do is type 'video' into Search and you will get millions of videos.

Dead simple;)

Ps when you work through to the one you mean can you please let me know.

People tested does not include postal tests sure we have been here before. link shows how the breakdown works.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
I know they changed the counting of tests a couple of days before target day to get the number across the line for hancock,counting tests as they put then in the post is sneaky,they have no idea if the home tests will be done properly and get a proper usable sample,i take the daily test number very skeptically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.