COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it before? Was only updated this morning. The change before target day was to include postal tests which up till then didn't exist should they ignore them?
Call me cynical, but do you really think it wasn't "convenient" that they didn't exist before? Come on, it was an obvious ploy to meet the target on that day.

Call me cynical, but do you really think it wasn't "convenient" that they didn't exist before? Come on, it was an obvious ploy to meet the target on that day.
Was certainley timed to meet the target had they got them online a week earlier would probably have been counted on return but all I came on to say was 126k tests yesterday hence the use of this thread rather than the political one.

My mum had some pain in her shoulder blade on Tuesday so we ended up calling 111, actually hoping they would send us to out of hours or something. Well they ended up sending the ambulance, which obviously set off the neighbourhood WhatsApp group into thinking we had a Covid outbreak! They did her ECG and it came back fine but said they wanted to do some bloods at the hospital. This happened once before so it was following the same pattern, bloods showed some increased levels which indicate possible heart attack but levels were very low, even lower than last time. They decided to keep her in and did the Covid swab and sent it off. Well yesterday they said all the tests were fine but they wanted to do some further tests, so they kept her in overnight again telling her they would discharge in the morning and refer to outpatients. She rang me in the morning saying they had come to her bed at 1am and moved her into another ward, they told her the covid test came back positive. She had been on that ward for 2 nights, walking around going to the toilet, touching things and there were staff freely walking around without any PPE. She is asymptomatic, they don't know if she had it already or caught it in hospital. I can't see how they will contain this thing properly if they are allowing people on wards that may already have the virus and staff are not (either by choice or because there just isn't PPE) protecting themselves, while waiting 24hrs or so for a test result.
Sorry to hear. Glad she's asymptomatic but that's terrible. No wonder nobody wants to go into hospital for other illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.