COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live I'm seeing more and more kids starting to mix and play together. One family kept their son in for weeks while another have let theirs play out all the time. In the last week he is now out mixing with them. Lots of teenagers have been meeting up with their mates from the start of the lockdown. I think the government know this too and think now is the time to ease them back as the lockdown is slowly crumbling even amongst the strictest parents. The main problem now is protecting the teachers contracting it.
My daughter has chosen to not send her kids to school even though she could as a midwife.
She has told her schools headteacher they will not be coming to school as things stand even if they open. Headteacher agreed with her decision.

What do you think yhey are doing now?

Where I work lessons have been going on the last 6 week with a 95% uptake from students, the teachers and lecturers have been working with them throughout with lessons, lesson plans , video tutoring and marking work done.

They are not all sat at home drinking gin and eating cakes.

What do you think yhey are doing now?

Where I work lessons have been going on the last 6 week with a 90-95% uptake from students, the teachers and lecturers have been working with them throughout with lessons, lesson plans , video tutoring and marking work done.

Students without computers were lent tablets so alll could carry in learning.

That's fair enough but just seems to a big reluctance in this sector and other sectors to get back to work.
It's a British thing I think, some are taking the piss big time.

Find it staggering that some teachers are moaning. Really wonder whether some of them want to work at all.
They get more time off than most people yet they still are not happy.
I asked 1 the other day that I know and they said they didnt want to go back and are halt to stay at home watching tv all day.
Coronavirus isn't prevalent in children so what's their issue?
Get back to work like the rest of us.
It’s ignorant cunts like this poster that will get everyone killed.
ONS testing shows children get covid 19 as much as adults but they aren’t ill with it.
They can however give it to every adult they meet.
The British Medical Association, the doc’s union, far more informed than you, now fully support the teaching unions.

Clearly setting up division among the population to divert from the shit show “running” the country.

I notice that the quarantine exemption for France has now been withdrawn.
Apparently Johnson actually meant only lorry drivers and covid workers were exempt.

you could not make this up if you tried.

That's fair enough but just seems to a big reluctance in this sector and other sectors to get back to work.

I have been in work to measure up my work area for social distancing and it is already looking like a logistical nightmare to do many apsects and I have a fairly open spaced area.

Imagine the classs rooms or corridors especially of a lot of older schools that are tight and entrances/exits.
Unless we are really low on the chance of the virus spreading it is really understandable the concerns

No it’s a reluctance to be subjected to unsafe working conditions and conditions where kids, staff and the families the kids and staff have to go back home to, aren’t subject to a wave of the virus from schools because children are big carriers of the virus while being asymptomatic.

If the conditions can be assured to be safe we want to go back and will go back. But at the moment, the govt’s evidence that it will be safe is inadequate to say the least.

Also I was working until 19:30 last night, I bet most who’ve actually gone back to work this week weren’t!

The Govt’s stance is currently; “If you can’t work from home and it is safe to go to work, go to work. If not, work from home if you can. If you can’t work from home and can’t go to work, carry on furloughing.”

We are literally just following the Govt guidelines!

Last edited by a moderator:
well whatever I say you’ll disagree.

personally I find The Times, FT and Independent, the economist, Reuters pretty balanced.

broadcast wise the BBC; seen as every right wing hothead labels the BBC as ‘leftwing biased’ and every left wing hothead says ‘it’s right wing government funded’!

I am not keen on of the papers nowadays. I just read articles by certain journalists, like Marina Hyde, Matthew Parris, Will Hutton and the likes.

What do you think they are doing now?

Where I work lessons have been going on the last 6 week with a 90-95% uptake from students, the teachers and lecturers have been working with them throughout with lessons, lesson plans , video tutoring and marking work done.

Students without computers were lent tablets so alll could carry in learning.

Looks like someone else could do with going back to school!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.