COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe was probably the wrong word to use, not at a higher risk of spreading the virus is more apt.

At the end of the day no one currently knows the role children play in the spread of the disease.

It therefore boils down to children and teachers being put in a position where they cannot abide by the government’s social distancing measures.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Unions questioning that.
From the WHO

Can children or adolescents catch COVID-19?

Research indicates that children and adolescents are just as likely to become infected as any other age group and can spread the disease.

Evidence to date suggests that children and young adults are less likely to get severe disease, but severe cases can still happen in these age groups.

Children and adults should follow the same guidance on self-quarantine and self-isolation if there is a risk they have been exposed or are showing symptoms. It is particularly important that children avoid contact with older people and others who are at risk of more severe disease

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

The BBC proffered Danish schools handling of the issue as a model of how kids might go back. The positivity of the Danish teacher was a marked contrast to the wobbly dithering UK headteacher who showed zero leadership.

Just goes to show how dangerous that Daily Mail front page was, I guess.

I don’t know I don’t read that shite

so you don’t think children should have an education at this time as soon as reasonably practicable ?

my wife and I are bright and my sons school a very good one so our son gets education every single day

unfortunately many many kids are not so lucky and the longer this goes on the further behind they will fall . If we get to September I expect my son will be further ahead than he should be from kids with parents who are not so bothered and they need to get education and care from the school

it’s also not a new concept

kids of key workers have been educated throughout this That’s kids of parents in the front line have any of their kids passed it to other kids or teachers ? Has this been a problem ?

as I say lockdown easing includes opening of schools , other countries grasp this concept and facilitate it and I think it’s important too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.