COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah good point - I took it as he meant we won't get a vaccine for it. He didn't mean that at all did he? He doesn't necessarily mean it'll be as disruptive as it is now I guess.

Yeah I think its just the total eradication he's meaning. a vaccine turns this into a manageable event until the Anti-vaxxers allow everyting to get a foot hold again.

Social distancing between youths seems to have broken down locally here in North Worcestershire / Dudley. Large gatherings reported for 3 days now on local community Facebook pages and in the local press.

The data published by ICNARC shows that by the standard ICU scoring system on average the patients put on ventilators were less unwell than the standard ICU patient but had a higher mortality.

Thanks Cityfan. I have just had a read of the report. I'm impressed with how quickly ICNARC turned this around.

Social distancing between youths seems to have broken down locally here in North Worcestershire / Dudley. Large gatherings reported for 3 days now on local community Facebook pages and in the local press.
Lol. That stopped up here in the north weeks ago.

Even adults in parks don’t bother moving out of anyone’s way any more here.

The NHS say the patients were aged between seven and 102 years old.

Six of the 174 patients (aged between 45 and 90) had no known underlying health condition. Their families have been informed.

The number of deaths of patients with Covid-19 by region are as follows:

East of England 26

London 24

Midlands 29

North East & Yorkshire 32

North West 35

South East 19

South West 9

TOTAL 174

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-pandemic-uk-coronavirus-updates-22043451

Lol. That stopped up here in the north weeks ago.

Even adults in parks don’t bother moving out of anyone’s way any more here.

yeah, often feel like i'm the only one making an effort at this. The amount of times I've seen a person walking towards me and I'm expecting them to move, before realising there's no chance they'll give an inch and they'll just carry on walking right down the centre of the path towards me instead - well, it blows my mind. Can't decide if they're selfish or just a bit dumb. Either way, they don't give a shit, and invariably it's then me having to step into the roads (which are thankfully dead around here) to keep two metres apart.

yeah, often feel like i'm the only one making an effort at this. The amount of times I've seen a person walking towards me and I'm expecting them to move, before realising there's no chance they'll give an inch and they'll just carry on walking right down the centre of the path towards me instead - well, it blows my mind. Can't decide if they're selfish or just a bit dumb. Either way, they don't give a shit, and invariably it's then me having to step into the roads (which are thankfully dead around here) to keep two metres apart.
It’s definitely got worse in the last week, me and my family are well trained to move into single file yet every other group or family just take up 90% of the path. Drives me fucking batty.

RKI Berlin announced combined PCR and antibody surveys
to assess true infection numbers.

1) In the small village of Kupferzell (in one of the former hotspots) 2,000 sampled persons,
similar to the study in Gangelt (NRW). First results in 6 weeks expected.
No broader statement for the rest of Germany possible by that.

2) 4-week Germany survey with 20-30k persons, not starting before September to assess true infection numbers for the country.

Takes more time than most of us thought I guess...

The NHS say the patients were aged between seven and 102 years old.

Six of the 174 patients (aged between 45 and 90) had no known underlying health condition. Their families have been informed.

The number of deaths of patients with Covid-19 by region are as follows:

East of England 26

London 24

Midlands 29

North East & Yorkshire 32

North West 35

South East 19

South West 9

TOTAL 174

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-pandemic-uk-coronavirus-updates-22043451
Are these todays figures pet for deaths from yesterday ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.