COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does bluemoon always have to end up like this with posters making massive sweeping generalisations about people they don't know. There are millions around the country who are genuinely thankful for those on the frontline who are putting their lives at risk and they clap to show their thanks.
What massive sweeping generalisations? I have no issue with clapping or other people clapping. I merely pointed out that I am a bit mixed about it because I think some people in the NHS are heroes whereas others are plainly not. It is not blasphemy to suggest such things.

I think a lot of people get out and clap as it adds a little bit of structure during a time where we hardly know what day it is at the moment. They could just as well be clapping for aliens for all they care, they just like the fact that its 8pm on a Thursday and they know where they need to be. I dont think it always needs to be a cynical view of people.
You’re right, there are myriad reasons for the applause - some good, some bad. I’m a natural cynic so I find myself wondering how many of those grandstanding on their doorsteps, hysterically ramping up the choreographed applause would engage in a simple gesture to an nhs employee - a nod of appreciation, a quiet word of thanks, letting a nurse take the final packet of toilet roll - were an audience not present.

Why does bluemoon always have to end up like this with posters making massive sweeping generalisations about people they don't know. There are millions around the country who are genuinely thankful for those on the frontline who are putting their lives at risk and they clap to show their thanks.
That’s a massive sweeping generalisation

What massive sweeping generalisations? I have no issue with clapping or other people clapping. I merely pointed out that I am a bit mixed about it because I think some people in the NHS are heroes whereas others are plainly not. It is not blasphemy to suggest such things.
Why do you assume im talking about you or you alone?

And to think 7 weeks ago I said that it was estimated we would have 66k by end of May & a lot of bluemooners mocked me. One even suggested i was a member of the flat earth society
But it isn't yet. 55,000 total excess deaths at the moment and non Covid-19 deaths are now -ve on the excess death scale (compared with average yearly deaths) so it may take a long while to get much higher even with Covid-19 deaths at a rolling seven day average of around 290.

Last edited:
I have'nt clapped for 4 weeks now
cos I'm disgusted what i'v seen walking to my work and home
and on my days off shopping what iv seen
and since the VE day celebrations countrywide
my wifes on CCU right now,
and I'm half pissed on my 2 nd day off,i will be sh1tfaced by evening

I consider every single person who has continued to work through all this an " hero "

I hope I'm not considered blasphemous in my humble opinion

cheers

This quarantine melarky. If someone travels abroad returns to thier home address and has to isolates for a fortnight, what happens about the others in the house who might not have travelled ?
Are they saying the whole household have to isolate for a fortnight?

This quarantine melarky. If someone travels abroad returns to thier home address and has to isolates for a fortnight, what happens about the others in the house who might not have travelled ?
Are they saying the whole household have to isolate for a fortnight?
Good question. It needs to be asked.
With the current quality of journalism on show it won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.