COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit mixed about the clapping.

I'm happy to clap for the front-line workers doing a great job. Less so for others who frankly I don't know what they are doing. A&E is empty, many of the non-ICU wards are half full. Operating theatres are hardly loaded. Our local GP surgery normally has about 10 to 15 doctors on duty and currently is allowing in 1 patient in at a time. So I guess that means 1 doctor working. I've no idea what the others are doing but you would have thought given the light load in every department apart from COVID-19, resources would be available?

And yet earlier this week my nextdoor neighbours' 98 year old mother fell and was lying helplessly on the floor, in pain. She called her daughter for help. Her daughter - our neighbour - is 78 herself and has a serious heart condition so is in no condition to be picking her mum up, let alone checking her over medically. So she called our surgery hoping to get a GP to come out and check her mum was OK.. as well as pick her up off the floor. Could her daughter get anyone out to help? No, they refused and claimed they were very busy. "Can't you do it?" "Isn't there a neighbour who can help?" Every excuse under the sun, but no help. She ended up having to call for an emergency doctor because no-one from the local surgery would help, and all the time a 98 year old is lying on the ground. I am not clapping for these people.
Doctors dont do home visits anymore,long before covid,she should have called for an ambulance,so because some staff are not busy due to patients not going to hospital you don't want to call for those in intensive units fighting to save patients,those unjust staff are still risking their lives keeping us safe,i know you don't value the nhs but come on,surgeries are open,they are being very careful to keep out people walking in,it is by appt only to keep it from being full of people close together

Last edited:
EYn8i41XsAEAtOv

Yes it is, isn't it. Should we be clapping this sort of behaviour?

I am continually amazed by the reaction to ANY criticism of anything the NHS does or of anyone who works in it. Some saints work in the NHS. But not 1.5m of them.

i almost lost my leg due to negligence from the NHS, ended up now scared for life and a dip in my shin.

They lied in court, but I still clap for the NHS

What massive sweeping generalisations? I have no issue with clapping or other people clapping. I merely pointed out that I am a bit mixed about it because I think some people in the NHS are heroes whereas others are plainly not. It is not blasphemy to suggest such things.
Every single one in any job in the nhs are heros,staff at every level have been moved around to help save covid patients,every one that goes into running a hospital ,drs surgery etc has put their lives at risk for us,for you if you get covid and end up in intensive care,porters ,xray,cleaners,everyone deserves our respect,people are clapping for every one of them,care home works included,something like 350 of them have died because they chose to go into work,a dangerous place to be,for all of us ,it is very disappointing to read that because it has calmed down a bit you don't think some staff are worth clapping for,watch the prog s filmed in hospitals during the last three months,educate yourself

I saw an Asian family on the news yesterday all out in the sun and they interviewed the young man probably in his early twenties and he said nobody was following the rules so why should he? I expect grandma and grandad Patel will be really proud of him when he pops round to see them next

Health authorities have provided a geographic breakdown showing where deaths occurred.

• East of England - 25
  • London - 16
  • Midlands - 27
  • North East & Yorkshire - 12
  • North West - 23
  • South East - 15
  • South West - 3
  • Scotland - 24
  • Wales - 7
  • Northern Ireland - 3
You can see why the Midlands and the North don't appreciate being told by london they have to open schools

I'd love to know what the Scotish are doing to become the UK Covid-19 hotspot but there you go. While populated areas in England have rocketed up and stopped. Scotland just keeps going.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/coronavirus-uk-cases-deaths-world-map-live/
Is it simply the fact that the weather hasn't been as sunny and warm up there as it has South of the border.
They’ve been declining here in Scotland the last 2-3 weeks. Just 113 new cases today and 21 deaths. Two weeks ago midweek daily figures were about 300 cases 70/80 deaths. ICU now at 50 from 200 and hospital about 1300 from around 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.