COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been declining here in Scotland the last 2-3 weeks. Just 113 new cases today and 21 deaths. Two weeks ago midweek daily figures were about 300 cases 70/80 deaths. ICU now at 50 from 200 and hospital about 1300 from around 2000.

Its central belt driven and always would be sadly with an increasingly unhealthy population with existing medical conditions coming back to haunt us.

Doctors dont do home visits anymore,long before covid,she should have called for an ambulance,so because some staff are not busy due to patients not going to hospital you don't want to call for those in intensive units fighting to save patients,those unjust staff are still risking their lives keeping us safe,i know you don't value the nhs but come on,surgeries are open,they are being very careful to keep out people walking in,it is by appt only to keep it from being full of people close together
So, serious question, if it's one patient at a time and there used to be 15 doctors working and now there's only 1. And they don't do home visits, then what are the 14 doing, do you think? And the 10 practice nurses? So 1 patient at a time and 25 medical staff. Genuinely puzzled.

And btw, I do value the NHS. I just don't worship it, nor think it is so perfect I have to swoon about it.

Last edited:
So that's about 155 in hospitals for yesterday and the other 196 or so in other settings (ie care homes etc). The balance has shifted markedly. Remember nearly 900 died in England alone in hospital on the worst day (8 April).

Last edited:
Every single one in any job in the nhs are heros,staff at every level have been moved around to help save covid patients,every one that goes into running a hospital ,drs surgery etc has put their lives at risk for us,for you if you get covid and end up in intensive care,porters ,xray,cleaners,everyone deserves our respect,people are clapping for every one of them,care home works included,something like 350 of them have died because they chose to go into work,a dangerous place to be,for all of us ,it is very disappointing to read that because it has calmed down a bit you don't think some staff are worth clapping for,watch the prog s filmed in hospitals during the last three months,educate yourself
Even the fat cat execs on nhs quangos, trousering way above the market rate for similar jobs, who are ideologically opposed to private healthcare and thus initially blocked offers of help from the private sector to source ppe, to help with testing etc should we line up like idiots and blindly clap them ? Should we really be clapping those people who wouldn’t respond to requests to help Chippy boy’s neighbour’s mum ? No fucking way in both cases.

So, serious question, if it's one patient at a time and there used to be 15 doctors working and now there's only 1. And they don't do home visits, then what are the 14 doing, do you think? And the 10 practice nurses? So 1 patient at a time and 25 medical staff. Genuinely puzzled.

And btw, I do value the NHS. I just don't worship it, nor think it is so perfect I have to swoon about it.
They are working,where is this only one patient in at a time come from? Controlling how many are crowding a small waiting room and not having lots of people queing up to check in is about social distancing and infection control,if there are spare drs and nurses they are helping out in other areas of the nhs that needed staff,honestly have you been asleep for three months,if you can't swoon at the nhs efforts now you never will do

And, after repeated requests over the last couple of months, here is the government's own "science" on schools reopening:
https://assets.publishing.service.g...l-science-relaxing-school-closures-sage30.pdf

Notable it says:

"We must consider the role of testing in maintaining the health of school systems, and the
health of the nation. It is important to work tracing into the models where possible."

Again, such a shame we didn't have any other countries to look at for how we might track and trace and that we haven't had, say, ten weeks, to get this up and running.

I'd love to know what the Scotish are doing to become the UK Covid-19 hotspot but there you go. While populated areas in England have rocketed up and stopped. Scotland just keeps going.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/coronavirus-uk-cases-deaths-world-map-live/
Is it simply the fact that the weather hasn't been as sunny and warm up there as it has South of the border?

Just guessing but I'd reckon its just to do with the virus arriving a bit later, ie the North of England is behind London and Scotland is behind the North of England, even regionally they reckon it arrived in the grampian (Aberdeen) area a bit later than the central belt. As I say, just a guess though.

Health authorities have provided a geographic breakdown showing where deaths occurred.

• East of England - 25
  • London - 16
  • Midlands - 27
  • North East & Yorkshire - 12
  • North West - 23
  • South East - 15
  • South West - 3
  • Scotland - 24
  • Wales - 7
  • Northern Ireland - 3
You can see why the Midlands and the North don't appreciate being told by london they have to open schools

Everything's OK now the south have it under control. That's the way this country works, all the money is spent on London & the South East, they do let us work hard, earning money for the southern investors though, so it's OK.

Its central belt driven and always would be sadly with an increasingly unhealthy population with existing medical conditions coming back to haunt us.
It was, speaking to my daughter last night they are down to 3 in icu , and 2 half full covid wards in her hospital, think lothian had about 20 new positive cases today, Glasgow about 40. So across the central belt seems to falling quite quickly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.