COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lockdown hasn't really been in operation since it started. Groups have been mingling here for quite some time and it has been getting more lax week by week. Two separate households living next door to each other are now on the streets chatting and drinking beer as their kids play in the street. In glorious weather for Boris to say, "You can't mix this weekend but you can on Monday" is bonkers. What difference does a couple of days make? Its weird messages like that don't help matters, not that many people are listening anyway.

So let's get this right, the alert level remains at 4,and yet we are now beginning to ease lockdown rules, kid's back to school, people back to work, transport to be rammed again with worker's commuting, people allowed in each others gardens, now feel free to pull me on this but didn’t that bullshitting sack of shit Johnson say there will be no easing of the lockdown until the level dropped to 3 or did I imagine that?

That article is just fear mongering. It is nothing like HIV/Aids in anyway. HIV was a slow death sentence for EVERY single person it infected. >99% of people who get Coronavirus survive and their immune system fights it off.

Now this virus is a serious issue, with a lot of people dying or suffering its consequences. But lets not make it into something it is not. It is no where near as deadly as HIV.
HIV never killed anyone within 6 months of contracting the virus. So saying that is wholly wrong given how new CV19 is.

I never said it did, I said it killed every person who caught the infection, slowly.
We’ll be able to discuss the relative lethality of both in 20 years then. You say it’s scaremongering but haven’t told us which part of the science behind the article was false.

We’ll be able to discuss the relative lethality of both in 20 years then. You say it’s scaremongering but haven’t told us which part of the science behind the article was false.

The article has not been verified or peer reviewed, so there is no evidence to suggest that what they say in the article is even true.

The article is suggesting Covid-19 is like HIV, I would say that is fear mongering.

You may be correct, in 10 years time, every single person who has been infected with this Coronavirus may die as a direct consequence of becoming infected. I would bet everything I have that it doesn't though (I don't particularly have a lot).

Pretty much every single person who became infected with HIV, died as a consequence. Do you think that will be the case with this Coronavirus.

The article also states that herpes has a similar trait in that it can hide in cells and evade detection from the immune system. Now the headline would not have the same effect if it mentioned this Coronavirus has similar characteristics to herpes and cold sores, instead of HIV. Therefore it is fear mongering.

This virus is absolutely nothing like HIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.