COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that if we need to reintroduce lockdown people wont do it this time round. I have read that the R rate has gone up yet we relax the lockdown more and more , so people are confused. I thought if the R rate went up lockdown would return instead lockdown gets relaxed even more.

We have send protests etc and no spike I think people are beginning to wonder if a lockdown was needed !

Okay the scores are in.

London + 42, North East + 5, West Midlands + 28 Yorks & Humber + 28, North West + 23.

A rise on yesterday but as you can see not the worst. The NW total for the last 3 days combined is less than the day before that in one day.

Most of the idiots for now seem to be down south. That is London's highest total in over two weeks I have been tracking it.

Local scores also OK. Apart from Bolton that added 1 and Manchester 7. Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Wigan all added no new cases.

Last edited:
I personally think that if we need to reintroduce lockdown people wont do it this time round. I have read that the R rate has gone up yet we relax the lockdown more and more , so people are confused. I thought if the R rate went up lockdown would return instead lockdown gets relaxed even more.

We have send protests etc and no spike I think people are beginning to wonder if a lockdown was needed !

I’m guessing here but I’d imagine lockdown measures will simply be determined by the NHS and it’s ability to cope with demand. Texas is a good example to go on right now - they’ve seen a surge in hospitalisations and are looking at restrictions again. Just like before, we don’t expect everyone to comply but the vast majority will.

The updated hospital figures on the beta test site shows that there is a bit of an upward drift in admissions and ICU occupancy.

Number in UK hospitals rose from 4645 to 4657. That data is from the number in UK hospitals on Monday.

Number admitted to hospital on 16 June, latest daily figure given = 478. Down from 482. But as you see its over a week old.

Patients on ventilator ICU beds has risen from 311 on Tuesday to 316 yesterday.

I wonder why they never presented these figures so openly and clearly in the press conferences? The graphs were flashed up and waffled over and you rarely got time to read the small print. Or understand the way the dates kept jumping about. A clear day to day statement of how many in hospital and how many on ICU as Scotland have done all the way through is so much simpler. Yet it is hidden away on the Beta site for now for the UK.

The patients numbers in UK hospital graph can give more data if you play with it.

Here are the daily numbers of Covid patients in UK hospital from June 1 onward day by day to June 22:

7553 7435 7228 7039 6800 6643 6354 6279 6112 5839 5581 5496 5387 5315 5285 5315 5176 4993 4848 4649 4649 4657

Shows quite well how it was falling fast until recently, then it seems to be slowing and plateauing or even hinting at a rise.

We need to see how it goes over the next week or so to tell if this is just a hiccup.

Last edited:
I'm skipping around people washing my hands all the time and trying to keep my distance but nobody else seems to be bothering. Air bridges have been announced, what can go wrong with packed planes, airport terminals and beaches?
I understand your frustration, but thankfully it doesnt transmit outdoors anywhere near as badly.

The average age of a person currently contracting the virus in the States is now 35.

It has dropped almost 25 years in five weeks.

This alone tells you what we have coming over the horizon in the UK. Selfish pricks.

I genuinely fear we will get this second wave and it will cripple this country to the point of no return.

Last edited:
The average age of a person currently contracting the virus in the States is now 35.

It has dropped almost 25 years in five weeks.

This alone tells you what we have coming over the horizon in the UK. Selfish pricks.

I genuinely fear we will get this second wave and it will cripple this country to the point of no return.
Problem is, we cannot afford another lockdown and I am pretty sure we won't get one anyway because of it, selfish people should be aware, lots of furloughed people probably on the beeches today, The economy cannot afford to furlough them for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.