COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ayrshire blue.....That explains what I was saying in here yesterday thank you. Over the gap between the case numbers for Leicester cited by the BBC and the numbers in the released data.
And later the gap between the number of new cases in the NW (3) versus the higher number from just Greater Manchester alone.
Like the failure to tell us how many people are being tested its almost as if the data is intended to tell us what someone wants us to see not what is really there. The main reason I started looking at it myself as I was distrusting the way it got presented in the press conferences.
Unbelievable Jeff.
It appears some positive test numbers (pillar 2?) are not published in the Government data.
In Leicester it is being reported the rise in new cases is 90% due to pillar 2?
Do you have any info on this mate?

To show the problem with the figures we are given - Leicester added just 3 cases today. Rochdale added 5. On the data we are given.

The Leicester score on the per population rating is 298. 1 v Rochdale's 405.5 and (also on the list by adding one case) Sunderland at 500.3.

So you can spin figures any way you want.

Journalists need to do their job and demand to know why we are not getting to see the data that is causing thousands of people to be back in lockdown. As any town could be next and equally in the dark.

Or ask why Rochdale is being opened for business and Leicester shut down.

We can guess why but we should not have to guess. We should be able to see why these things are happening from the data they are showing to us. Not appearing to see something different because half the evidence is missing.

Last edited:
We all know its not done yet, but that is 33 regions with an increase, and its very cherry picked and deliberately misleading, so we need the context of out of how many (probably several hundred), so we need to know how many went down or stayed the same too.

Thise are the areas where Covid is reported to be on the rise. It’s very incomplete information as well as seem to agree.

Thise are the areas where Covid is reported to be on the rise. It’s very incomplete information as well as seem to agree.
That's the problem, you can spin it however you want by cherry picking the numbers you prefer for your agenda, I assume they are local authority areas, I assume these are available in some spreadsheet somewhere ?

There will be ups and downs (and stay the sames), but without the context of the total number of "regions" it's completely meaningless, if it was 30/32 that had gone up, then it's significant, if its 30/320 less so, and if it's 30/800 it's pretty insignificant.

That's the problem, you can spin it however you want by cherry picking the numbers you prefer for your agenda, I assume they are local authority areas, I assume these are available in some spreadsheet somewhere ?

There will be ups and downs (and stay the sames), but without the context of the total number of "regions" it's completely meaningless, if it was 30/32 that had gone up, then it's significant, if its 30/320 less so, and if it's 30/800 it's pretty insignificant.

I’m in the situation is improving (albeit slowly) camp.

I’m in the situation is improving (albeit slowly) camp.
Me too, but I'm struggling to understand why and how, especially given some of the things the media are keen to portray to us, perhaps the media want to portray things in a bad light, so jump on any event where social distancing breaks down and hype it up, I've seen parties going on, and crowds bigger than they should be, but even our local street drinkers whilst still there seem to be distancing.

My experience out, is that there still aren't many, and those that are, are pretty much doing what they were 5 weeks ago. People seem to have completely adjusted their grocery shopping habits to one weekly shop again, I continue to avoid Tesco after 2 bad experiences in different stores.

I changed to Waitrose at the start, and have only used Morrison's otherwise, mainly because I can have amazon delivered there, and my missus has her prescriptions sent there. Visited Waitrose this afternoon about 1:30pm, there were more staff than customers when I arrived, but a small queue when I left, took a face covering but didn't feel it was necessary to wear it.

I'm now using their handheld device to shop, it saves time, and you can pack your bags on the way round, and put them straight in the car, and despite them being a more expensive store, we're spending less than we were in February somehow.

Our butcher has moved online only, but its still fabulous quality most of the time, and we get a delivery every couple of weeks, though we are missing talking to the guys in there.

Me too, but I'm struggling to understand why and how, especially given some of the things the media are keen to portray to us, perhaps the media want to portray things in a bad light, so jump on any event where social distancing breaks down and hype it up, I've seen parties going on, and crowds bigger than they should be, but even our local street drinkers whilst still there seem to be distancing.

My experience out, is that there still aren't many, and those that are, are pretty much doing what they were 5 weeks ago. People seem to have completely adjusted their grocery shopping habits to one weekly shop again, I continue to avoid Tesco after 2 bad experiences in different stores.

I changed to Waitrose at the start, and have only used Morrison's otherwise, mainly because I can have amazon delivered there, and my missus has her prescriptions sent there. Visited Waitrose this afternoon about 1:30pm, there were more staff than customers when I arrived, but a small queue when I left, took a face covering but didn't feel it was necessary to wear it.

I'm now using their handheld device to shop, it saves time, and you can pack your bags on the way round, and put them straight in the car, and despite them being a more expensive store, we're spending less than we were in February somehow.

Our butcher has moved online only, but its still fabulous quality most of the time, and we get a delivery every couple of weeks, though we are missing talking to the guys in there.

They have done it from day 1. Look at the latest that another pandemic from China is imminent, what a load of shit. Fair enough they want to scare people into following the rules, pretty much the same as what they tried with the war on drugs, but when people realise they are being lied to they do the opposite which ends up worse in the long run. Governing by fear doesn't work.

It's been obvious for weeks the virus is in decline and was not as bad as they initially predicted. Still needs to be monitored do it doesn't blow up again but life needs to get back on track, which thankfully it is doing slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.