COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patients in hospital data updated: Showing a small rise in last data available after a steady fall.

Last available figures of Covid totals by date in UK hospitals:

June 24 4216

June 25 4035

June 26 3815

June 27 3682

June 28 3695

Regional new cases (such as we have them!) show NW back in the lead sadly.

London + 19, NE + 3, West Midlands + 9, Yorks & Humber + 7 , North West + 31

Local scoreboard: Bolton 0, Bury 0, Manchester - 2, Oldham 2, Rochdale 5, Salford 2, Stockport 2, Wigan 4

Manchester probably here lose 2 cases in the way others occasionally do. Retesting discounting the original test I assume.

Last edited:

As I noted yesterday with that list the problem just raw numbers are not an indication of a rising number. As shown by Wigan being an example and it has added 5 cases in 11 days and has several times had minus case scores on the day. Which make day to day ups and downs by one pretty meaningless.

And Sunderland is another with just 2 cases in the past 3 weeks being counted as 'rising'.

There are real causes for caution in that list. But some of them are based on very feeble evidence from the data they use.

As I noted yesterday with that list the problem just raw numbers are not an indication of a rising number. As shown by Wigan being an example and it has added 5 cases in 11 days and has several times had minus case scores on the day. Which make day to day ups and downs by one pretty meaningless.

And Sunderland is another with just 2 cases in the past 3 weeks being counted as 'rising'.

There are real causes for caution in that list. But some of them are based on very feeble evidence from the data they use.

Thanks Healdplace, I just saw the table was getting criticism in the media for being misleading.

Here is the latest per population score for each nation based on total case numbers recorded:

England 286.9

Scotland 290.9

N. Ireland 259.3

Wales 501.6

The scores show the problem Wales has. Being worse than every upper tier health area in England.

In raw case numbers despite the population of Scotland being 5.5 million v that of Wales at 3.2 million Wales has only 79 fewer cases than in Scotland (both are at just under 16,000).

Hence its far higher per population rating and why it is the bigger problem area in the UK relatively speaking.

I am surprised that a couple more at the top aren't on lockdown,leicester easier or less political to be the only one ?

as Healdplace says the table only tells a limited part of the story. I assume PHE will have looked into why the 3 places at the top of the table can be reached in a single 90 minute drive, in case there are any lessons about the spread of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.