COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite being advised to isolate for a further 2 weeks due to a repeat positive test in the household I've now been informed that the folk at track and trace have been giving out incorrect advice and require further training.
Due back in work next Wednesday, should I stay or should I go....?
If you stay there will be trouble if you go there will be double

Might be a thick question - but how are there so many people dying outside of hospital , surely anyone with symptoms goes to hospital
I've been wondering this myself for three weeks. The answer is English care homes and those at home who are being cared for. You have been able to multiply hospital deaths by 2 during the week due to deaths in care settings. It has only started to fall off this week.
https://assets.publishing.service.g...kly_COVID19_Surveillance_report_-_week_27.pdf
The tables on page 9 and 10 make interesting reading as to where infections are occurring.
For four weeks the level of respitory infection in England has stubbornly refused to drop till this week when it halved to just double the normal rate. Taking into account deaths from Covid as ages over 70 occur 2 weeks later for the infirm, it means that we'll still be getting 100+ deaths a week from care homes for 2 weeks when it will drop to around 60 - which although a massive improvement from the last 4 weeks is still poor.

Last edited:
EcBI0zIWkAg5I5n
That is just genius.

I'd understand how that could alter the statistics of the odd day here and there, but to the extent it's doing so it just seems strange is all. I'd have expected the vast majority of deaths still to be taking place in hospital setting, but they're clearly not.

it is likely that the virus has been transferred between care homes by agency workers. Routine testing of care staff is only happening now in England when it should have happened months ago.

it is likely that the virus has been transferred between care homes by agency workers. Routine testing of care staff is only happening now in England when it should have happened months ago.
It should have happened 5 weeks ago yet they dealt with NHS hospitals first. Why care home workers were not tested to the same level as NHS staff is simply beyond me.

Last edited:
The answer to the questions on numbers of people being tested under pillar 2 are in the weekly track and trace report.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/nhs-test-and-trace-statistics-england-weekly-reports

Table 1 (on page 8) Peeople Tested for Covid-19 in Pillars 1 and 2 shows the number of people who tested positive and the percentage of the total.
Divide the number of people by the percentage and multiply by 100 to get the number of people actually tested.
Note: Pillar 1 people tested totals are published daily with the daily figures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.