COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM scoreboard

Bolton + 7 (down from 12 and 39 in the 6 days under the full case data access)
Bury 1 (just 3 in 3 days but 17 in the 6 days)
Manchester 10 (down from a run of 3 straight 11s and 70 in the 6 days)
Oldham 11 (up from 8 - 45 in the 6 days)
Rochdale 10 (down 1 on yesterday but 65 in the 6 days)
Salford 2 (down from 5 and doing surprisingly well at just 18 in 6 days)
Stockport 3 (up from 1 and but just 16 in 6 days)
Tameside 2 (down from 4 and 19 in 6 days)
Wigan 6 (up from 2, highest yet on the day but only 13 over 6 days)

Leicester more cases than points in the league these days. Another 72 today taking it over 4000. That's down on yesterdays 77 but these two days have been higher than the run of falling numbers it had up to then (62 - 59 - 56 - 37)

The 630 cases today were from 126, 334 - still well down on recent past but about a third up on past few days.

I've been back at work since beginning of April. Hand washing is now so "normal" that I'm beginning to think I'll never go back to how it was before.

True mate, I’m like that. Plus wearing a mask that I’ve started doing going to the supermarket is just a bit strange at first but not much different to when I started using reading glasses. We can just get used to changing a few things that reduces risks like you say.

Scotland has made 'real and sustained progress' against Covid Nicola Sturgeon says. Numbers of deaths on the weekly data have now fallen for 10 weeks on the run. She says the biggest problem now given the low levels in Scotland is 'importation of the disease from other countries'.

Warns about not letting what has happened in Melbourne to happen in Scotland. Hence importance of the quarantine of overseas arrivals.
I wouldn't read to much into suspected ITU cases when the overall prevalence is low.
There are lots of cases where you can't exclude covid when you get them, so they're treated as possible until it's excluded.

The experts in the virus field expect it late in year with flu season,not now
Jenny Harris was on this morning today and said this is here for the long haul,i dont know why the cancer guy gets so much airtime
Actually the experts in the field are aware the covid isn’t seasonally affected as warm temperatures don’t affect it.

This is here for the long term but it doesn’t mean a second wave is a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.