COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can still meet outside?

Are shops, pubs and restraunts closing again?

You can still meet in the park I assume.

Can you go in work?

The information is fucking dire from the government

Yeah it’s just a load of bollocks as usual from the government during Covid. You can go anywhere basically apart from your mates house. Can’t see anyone taking much notice of it.

No,just households,that was always where the main infections were coming from after hospitals and care homes
I don’t think it’s clear from what they’ve said tbh. Just says “members of separate households are banned from meeting each other indoors”.

Ridiculous to make an announcement at 9.30 at night, less than three hours before it comes into effect and not making it abundantly clear what they mean.

What we were supposed to be doing was flattening the curve (or “squashing the sombrero”j which we’ve done. Deaths are down, the NHS isn’t overwhelmed and things are starting to move forward. We now appear to have gone to an elimination strategy whereby nobody is allowed to catch this virus. It’s crackers as well as being impossible to achieve and I really worry that, rather than learn lessons, this government seem to be getting more incoherent every day.
People are panicking because figures are starting to go up which was ALWAYS going to happen. I felt all along we would be in lockdown for as long as we could afford to be and that is exactly what has happened.

Some people mistakenly thought we were in lockdown to get rid of the virus. Not true. It was simply to slow the spread and there is a big difference. Also it was a new virus that we didn't know much about so we couldnt afford to let it get out of control until we had more knowledge.

I know someone who is not old or vulnerable in any way but he still wont leave the house and thinks we should still be in full on lockdown. He might not die of Covid but he sure as hell ain't gonna be living much of a life anytime soon.

Personally I am going to shops, restaurants etc, they are open so they need custom. I am being sensible though, wearing my mask, washing my hands, following the one way systems and keeping my distance. I certainly wont be inviting 20 mates round my house anytime soon(if I had 20 mates...).

Obviously there are the knobheads who are ignoring the rules, sadly that has been the case since day one and it is frustrating, but for the rest of us, if we're sensible and follow the rules then chances are we'll be fine. We cant guarantee we wont catch it, but we cant guarantee we wont get hit by a car or stabbed to death on our doorstep either.

We should be sensible, but we cant let fear control our lives either, there is a balance.

So he announces it really vaguely on Twitter and says it comes into force in less than 3 hours? Wow this country is fucked with guidance like this. I don’t live in Manchester any more but my family do. Can I meet with them in their gardens at a social distance? I’m assuming so, as he says “indoors”.

So what the fuck does this mean? Can I go to the gym in the morning and the pub in the evening?

Lack of information is a major concern. Imagine announcing measurements that impact over four million people via a Twitter thread.

Yes you can it’s people and families who are meeting up in each other Houses and not social distancing!

Think is they will carry on doing it those people who doing it don’t give a shit there are people who been abiding by the rules for over 4 months.

I don’t think it’s clear from what they’ve said tbh. Just says “members of separate households are banned from meeting each other indoors”.

Ridiculous to make an announcement at 9.30 at night, less than three hours before it comes into effect and not making it abundantly clear what they mean.
It is ridiculous to announce it now,think it through,indoors in a small rooms people are sat together with no social distancing,outside you spread out naturally,it is bollocks just putting out what they have but it makes sense

and when they say greater manchester do they mean wigan salford bury bolton etc or just manchester postcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.