COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not the case, I’m positive and optimistic yes but my arguments aren’t baseless and are backed up by the statistics and opinions of scientists.

I think we’re both a little guilty of being pessimistic in your case, because of your bad experience with it and my case, because I’ve seen how devastating it’s been to people’s lives that the economy has crashed.

I speak to 15-20 candidates a day and the desperation of some makes me quite upset.
I wasn't meaning you in particular,it is hard to not be pessimistic,i fear the winter,i will be very reieved to get it over with the least amount of casualties

The Imperial College study on infection rates by age is interesting.

Over past 5 weeks the only age range to show an increase in numbers was 15 - 44. A 35% increase.

Younger ages were flat. Older age groups had fallen and the older the age group the bigger the fall.

But there are still 6k+ deaths a day worldwide, from a high of 8k.
‘Waves’ in data analysis are a relative, simplified trend measure.

6k+ deaths a day worldwide is a trough compared to a 8k peak. Or 10k peak. And the waves can be (and are) measured regionally, so there can be a second wave in Spain, without a corresponding second wave in New Zealand.

Just like an ocean wave is a relative peak to the average ocean level in that discrete area. And there can be large waves at Bogatell but relative calm at Piha.

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but Clive the Blue said on BBC News just now that we’ve ordered 340 million vaccines from six different sources when they are ready to run!

We are certainly ready to go,too soon to say if it will be a one off vaccination or two jabs a little way apart,yearly ,certainly having the numbers ordered should mean it can be rolled out quickly BUT only if the Gov don't have any control over it,put it straight into surgeries,hospitals and chemists and wherever else it can be administered

Last edited:
The Imperial College study on infection rates by age is interesting.

Over past 5 weeks the only age range to show an increase in numbers was 15 - 44. A 35% increase.

Younger ages were flat. Older age groups had fallen and the older the age group the bigger the fall.
This makes sense. Society opening up, pubs etc... most youngsters not social distancing, but older people still very wary and taking precautions. I think we are at a very delicate point, any more opening up could really send this the wrong way

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but Clive the Blue said on BBC News just now that we’ve ordered 340 million vaccines from six different sources when they are ready to run!

Where do they find all the materials to make these vaccines? It's not just the formula but the containers, needles and wherever else is required. Surely there aren't 7.5 billion of what's needed just lying about.

I don't know how much of a factor air conditioning is with covidi
It's not air conditioning that is the issue (though it may not help), it's the fact that whether it's cold and wet, or very hot, people seek the indoors, and indoors is where we catch it.

Many going to pubs here now are sitting outside because it's pleasant enough to do so, they won't when it's wet and cold. In very hot countries where they sit outside when they can, they are now indoors because it's too hot.

When we have moderate temperatures (our spring, hot countries winters) people tend to spend a lot more time outside, where spread is considerably less.

We stopped the spread by sending most people home from work (generally indoors) for months, so cases fell, more are now going into work more often, another place of spread.

These are the main reasons we have peaks and troughs, so this virus likes us all indoors and together, the seasons may have some effect, but we have the greatest, if we stay outside, or don't meet much it goes down, if we all meet up indoors it spreads, and nothing is going to change that fact, even if some people still don't get it (that mixing indoors readily spreads it).

It's "if" not "when" sadly, nobody knows if any of them will work yet (apart from putin obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.