COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staggered that Stockport is so low when I see people’s behaviour. Maybe Stockport has some sort of herd immunity.

Staggered that Stockport is so low when I see people’s behaviour. Maybe Stockport has some sort of herd immunity.

As I said it needs investigating because Stockport had the same high numbers as other towns a few weeks ago, It had 26 cases on one day three weeks ago.

But it has done well across the pandemic - for some reason - because its pop score measures THAT remember and it is remarkably low gven the size.

Elise will be telling me no doubt its down to her efforts.

But really the disparity is so clear it is something someone should be looking into.

Again the daily testing numbers might help.

Anyhow GM scoreboard:

Bolton 68 (up from 16 to more than double it has had before and highest since restrictions in all of GM - has to be investigated surely). 370 in month. 150 past week. 84 over 2 days (was 40 - biggest ever shift here too). Pop score rose by more than any town in GM ever has in one day - 24!. To 820 - not just entering the 800 club but going well into it in one go.

Bury 15 (up from 8 to highest that Bury has had during restrictions too). 248 in month. 61 past week, 23 over 2 days (was 17). Pop score 833.

Manchester 54 (up from 28 - would have been a GM record since restrictions but for Bolton but is Manchester's worst in the lockdown) . 1049 cases in month (first time I have posted a number in 4 figures for anywhere) 254 past week. 82 over 2 days (was 64). Pop score another big rise to 775. Only just left 600 club and will be in the 800 club in days at this rate.

Oldham 30 (up from 8 but has been higher). 786 in month. 148 past week. 38 over 2 days (was 39). Pop score 1226. Will overtake Blackburn as second worst in UK shortly.

Rochdale 25 (up from 9 to one of the worst recent numbers here). 397 in month. 116 past week. 34 over 2 days (was 26). Pop score - another big rise to 1017.

Salford 29 (up from 14 to its highest score in restrictions). 361 in month. 94 past week. 43 over 2 days (was 25). Pop score 701. Seems ages ago it was ahead of Stockport and top here but was just a week. Now miles ahead and flew into the 700 club with its biggest ever one day jump.

Stockport 1 (down from 4 to lowest in lockdown - as shocked as you all are - but this is now two weeks of single digit numbers here. Not even Wigan has managed that.) 230 in month (only Wigan lower in smaller population - hence higher pop score in Wigan). 28 past week (lowest in lockdown for anywhere in GM). 5 over 2 days (was 10)., Pop score unchanged at 674 and now alone in the 600 club with no immediate challengers.

Tameside 16 (down from 22 - rare drop today - but 16 is worst in 3 weeks other than yesterday). 319 inonth. 87 past week. 38 over 2 days (was 33). Pop score 852.

Trafford 23 (up from 11 - and another location eased from restrictions that records its highest ever score during lockdown right after - only Stockport has missed this somehow so far as Wigan did it too but at a far lower level). 266 in month, 86 past week, 34 over 2 days (was 28). Pop score 713.

Wigan 11 (up from 6) First double figure number here since restrictions came in or were eased for the town last Wednesday. 143 in month. Still top on that measure and likely to always be unless things go really pear shaped. 41 past week (some catching up now to overtake Stockport to reclaim weekly title). 17 over 2 days (was 8). Pop score 706.

Last edited:
One thing i have noticed since cars came back is that everyone is much more polite ,everyone sticking to rules of the road and most are thanking me with a thumbs up etc

Other watch town scores:

Blackburn 16 - doubles from 8. But in context of GM not bad. Pop score 1228.

Bradford 57 - biggest daily rise in a while. Pop score 1152.

Leicester 24 - still keeping at mofderate levels around this number daily though up on last week. Pop score 1613

Pendle 13 (down from 21). Pop score 980.

I haven't been paying attention since March. I know back then Americans were assured that our 15 cases would soon be zero and that it was just a big hoax.

Anything happened since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.