COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real up and down news today.

All settings deaths from the UK hospital 3 becomes just 1. Not a clue how.

But cases set a new record - unfortunately - at the unwanted level of 1715 - thats more than 50 % up on last Sunday.

This is starting to look like the escalation seen elsewhere in Europe.

Goodness knows what it will do to the NW data either.

Of course, no information on how many tests that number comes from. But we do know that Northern Ireland had 49 cases and usually have a high testing number so probably under 1% (they will publish tomorrow - England sadly wont'),

Thus the huge bulk - 1487 in fact (another high) are from England.

They would have to be from about 150,000 tests to be under 1% like the other nations were. But we will not know for days. And you have to keep asking why this obscuration. It looks deliberate as they know numbers are rising more in England than elsewhere. I hope Nicola Sturgeon calls this out.

We could well have had 200,000 tests in England and that would seriously mitigate this total. But the last data we do have for England shows there were under 130,000 four days ago and most days before that. Which woud put the England percentage at well above 1% and easily worse than the rest of the UK.

Last edited:
If those of you in the North West are fed up of me moaning about the obscuring of tests numbers. Be prepared for a shock.

The North West today has a totally horrific number of those cases - by miles the most in the UK. No sugar coating possible,

London 197 - up from 143 but there have been several over 200 recently so no record.

Midlands 157 - up from 115 - but whilst high not close to the worst.

Yorks 182 - up from 143 - but again it has been higher.

Shockingly the North West obliterated it's previous high total of 311 nearly three weeks ago at start of the restrictions.

Today of the 1487 cases in England no fewer than 427 were from the North West - more than double yesterday's numbers of 201.

I dread to think what will be the story in Greater Manchester.

Stay tuned. If you dare.

I'm hoping that as with deaths, the numbers being given aren't all from a particular day, especially as test numbers aren't upto date as well.

However, as it stands could be carnage when schools go back next week.

Lot more people are tested now and for me they ain’t 100% accurate they say a common cold can get a positive outcome.

Think once schools starts we will see another spike in positives tests the deaths have dropped dramatically all the while there is a lot of positive tests.

Those living in Greater Manchester should look away now and I know a certain Mayor who will not be holding back as it reveals that letting Bolton out of restrictions was a terrible one. Indeed I will be shocked if it is not reversed before Wednesday.

The GM county total today like the NW has utterly demolished all past records.

Yesterday recall in GM it had fallen from 154 to 126.

Today it is by far a new high post restrictions at a ginormous 272.

More than nearly all the recent NW totals.

If those of you in the North West are fed up of me moaning about the obscuring of tests numbers. Be prepared for a shock.

The North West today has a totally horrific number of those cases - by miles the most in the UK. No sugar coating possible,

London 197 - up from 143 but there have been several over 200 recently so no record.

Midlands 157 - up from 115 - but whilst high not close to the worst.

Yorks 182 - up from 143 - but again it has been higher.

Shockingly the North West obliterated it's previous high total of 311 nearly three weeks ago at start of the restrictions.

Today of the 1487 cases in England no fewer than 427 were from the North West - more than double yesterday's numbers of 201.

I dread to think what will be the story in Greater Manchester.

Stay tuned. If you dare.
Stockport being compromised by other areas idiots. We are still in mini lock down but only 1 new case in 24 hours.

I also might have to have a chat with another politician I know as my guess is they will be asking Boris to send in the tanks and encircle the town from the unclean all around them. The figures for one place in GM today are inexplicably way different from all the rest.

Someone needs to work out why. And fast.

Thats who I was referring to Blue Llama. Might give Elise a call. Though you blew my big reveal. :)

Not that I think it was much of a surprise to those following my reports.

The even bigger shock is Bolton - an utterly terrible 68 cases - just as they are released. Miles above recent levels even here.

This is higher than any other place in GM in the past weeks.

Must be an outbreak. But surely has to question them being released on Wednesday.

Shows the folly of making these decisions on weekly data as things hae changed in a big way in the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.