COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicola Sturgeon discusses (again) the importance of the % figure of tests - the one England alone declines to record.

WHO have suggested that every country needs to keep it below 5% to keep containment of the outbreak. France has just gone over that level.

Yesterday the 244 Scottish cases were at 3.7% of tests and the number has been rising week by week. This is the highest in the UK in months.

Todays 2.7% from 70 cases. she warns, will be a false low as there are many missing cases it would seem.

You can understand why she was increasingly frustrated with the mess that our UK testing has become.

And anyone reading Tolmie's recent posts will know this is now at a point where it has to be sorted immediately because it is causing great distress in people impacted.

Week to week for Scotland:

0 deaths v 0 today.

146 cases v 70 (+ whatever it really is today).

2.4% v 2.7% (and rising depending on the above).

256 in hospital v 264 today

5 icu v 7 icu today.

If you watch Dr John Campbell's video from today he talks about a German study which is showing that difference between case numbers and deaths is growing wider and that the death rates of the groups most at risk has fallen considerably over the past couple of months despite the increased number of cases. He believes this is good news, I suppose that we shall see if this study bears out over here in about three weeks.
because we are ahead of it when patients end up in hospitals instead of firefighting a new disease we didn't know how to treat ,we have some treatments that help stop people needing ventilation ,it is not weaker,we are better,key is now to not overwhelm the nhs with it when they get overwhelmed in a bad flu season as itis,that is what boris should be saying,it is clear,factual and easy to understand

Last edited:
Pasta also disappeared very quickly.
One of my favourite bits of hoarding madness was when the pasta went it was another week until the dolmio ran out. Almost like the daft twats sat looking at their mountain of pasta for a few days before they realised they could do with sauce. Same with flour, that all disappeared then a week later eggs. The thick twats must have googled baking and realised you don't just put a bag of flour in the microwave to make a cake.

One of my favourite bits of hoarding madness was when the pasta went it was another week until the dolmio ran out. Almost like the daft twats sat looking at their mountain of pasta for a few days before they realised they could do with sauce. Same with flour, that all disappeared then a week later eggs. The thick twats must have googled baking and realised you don't just put a bag of flour in the microwave to make a cake.
If people use shite like Dolmio rather than making their own there's no hope for them anyway.

If you watch Dr John Campbell's video from today he talks about a German study which is showing that difference between case numbers and deaths is growing wider and that the death rates of the groups most at risk has fallen considerably over the past couple of months despite the increased number of cases. He believes this is good news, I suppose that we shall see if this study bears out over here in about three weeks.
He has been spot-on so far. The best source of information on Covid by far.

I’d imagine that, looking at who was buying dried pasta (and why would you), it’ll be discovered 5 years after its best by date at the back of a cupboard prior to being thrown in the bin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.