COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the UK hospital death total today is just 1. The last two Mondays it was 4. Last week that 4 became 3 on all settings deaths.

Cases so far from the three nations without England (assuming the under reporting gets corrected today later) are at 362 - which is the lowest in a while but with that caveat.

Last week the three nation total was 420.

England later added 2528 cases to total for UK 2948.

Is this the lowest we have had?

Is this the lowest we have had?

I think it might be but it is hard to compare as the all settings gets recorded usually and that can go up or down. Might even be zero as it has been once before in all settings.

It certainly can only be beaten by a 0 from all four nations.

Age range of the "70" Scottish infections today

6 people aged 65+
12 people under 20 including 1 child aged 0-4
52 people aged 20-65

As the numbers are low and likely to increase its hard to judge but its still below 10% over 65 so up on what it was a week or two ago but not yet in the red zone. Though not far off I suspect.

Of course, death rates even for over 65s are lower now than they were so I doubt any second wave is going to be close to the first beyond raw numbers of cases found - which are bound to be higher as we are doing more tests and finding the asymptomatic ones that we hardly ever did during the first wave.

None of the NW covid hotspots (many in GM of course and including Bolton, Salford, Tameside and Manchester) reportedly have walk in test slots or home tests now available for people who fear they have Covid,

Nicola Sturgeon has claimed that Matt Hancock tried to reduce the tests available in Scotland all weekend as there was such a crisis in England but (rightly) she refused and he eventually backed off.

This world class testing system has some unique features I am sure everyone is going to copy given how successful they appear to be.

None of the NW covid hotspots (many in GM of course and including Bolton, Salford, Tameside and Manchester) reportedly have walk in test slots or home tests now available for people who fear they have Covid,

Nicola Sturgeon has claimed that Matt Hancock tried to reduce the tests available in Scotland all weekend as there was such a crisis in England but (rightly) she refused and he eventually backed off.

This world class testing system has some unique features I am sure everyone is going to copy given how successful they appear to be.

lot of people calling in LBC on this, they can't get a test anywhere

The WHO report that yesterday saw the most new cases ever recorded in 24 hours globally at 307. 930.

We are now at 917, 417 deaths globally after over 5500 yesterday.

Puts our 3000 cases and 1 death into some context.

Guess what? The gov uk website has packed in again! But this time they are blaming 'an ongoing issue with Microsoft Azure'.

Might not have a world class test and trace technology in the UK but we must have a world beating excuses.

Guess what? The gov uk website has packed in again! But this time they are blaming 'an ongoing issue with Microsoft Azure'.

Might not have a world class test and trace technology in the UK but we must have a world beating excuses.
Could be true patient access also down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.