COVID-19 — Coronavirus

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.

feedmpenzaandhewillscore

Front of the kippax chomping on a wagon wheel
One in 18900 had a reaction. Better now. Yes I would. To get life back to normal I would.
There seems to be a lot hope attached to this Astra Zeneca vaccine, the Chinese are supposedly a lot closer than what Oxford University are to winning the race. If there do there will be some interesting politics played out on who gets it first.

Blue Llama

38k infections, between 8-20 deaths a day where it may have been a factor and we are talking about locking down. Even on a bad day the infection to mortality rate is 0.05%. Ridiculous.
Would you feel the same if one of the 8 to 20 deaths was a member of your family? Try walking up to one of your family members and saying "You know what its protecting you and others like you that's fucking with my life and me enjoying myself so just get over it and piss off". Bet you will not do it.

Mon Autre

38k infections, between 8-20 deaths a day where it may have been a factor and we are talking about locking down. Even on a bad day the infection to mortality rate is 0.05%. Ridiculous.
You must remember what April and May were like? People dying in their thousands and the NHS at breaking point. These lockdowns aren't being advised on the basis that we will continue at 8-20 deaths a day. They are being advised on the basis that we're seeing an exponential growth in cases and Chris Whitty believes our hospitals could be overwhelmed again in a few weeks like they were the last time we didn't lock down soon enough.

I don't want another lockdown, but the government haven't used their time or resources very well in helping us to avoid one. They're still encouraging needless activity, have failed to implement test and trace effectively and have allowed the testing system to collapse. These things had to happen alongside us reopening schools and the hospitality sector. Very much doubt they'll get public buy in for any further lockdowns now anyway given their messaging has shown itself to be highly inconsistent and hypocritical at times. They will of course encourage us to blame eachother when that happens though. Blame the young, blame ethnic minorities, blame anyone except them.

True_Blue69

Would you feel the same if one of the 8 to 20 deaths was a member of your family? Try walking up to one of your family members and saying "You know what its protecting you and others like you that's fucking with my life and me enjoying myself so just get over it and piss off". Bet you will not do it.
No I would be gutted, but everyone dies at some point it's not exclusive to covid. Everyone has become that obsessed with this thing that all perspective has gone. It's nowhere near the biggest killer in the country at the moment. If it starts to escalate out of control then yes take more measures, but it's clearly not out of control.

BlueHammer85

but it’s takes 2-3 weeks before we really see the outcome of this high infection rate, I prey you’re right and death toll can remain low.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.