COVID-19 — Coronavirus

worsleyweb

Weren't they saying that 6 months ago? Personally I can't see it. Someone has had a pretty serious reaction to the Zeneca one and that's with a small number of people. Even if they do a high percentage will refuse to have it, would you be willing to be one of the first to have it once is is rushed through? Not sure I would and I am totally pro vaccination.

One in 18900 had a reaction. Better now. Yes I would. To get life back to normal I would.

kaz7

Just read we are testing the most of any country in the world.
Funny trump says they test more than double the whole world put together, nobody believe anyone on testing , they can say what they want, the figures don't really mean anythingnow, the only ones that matter are icu and deaths and even so you have to die within a month to be counted, spin spin spin

worsleyweb

I hope so mate, just don't think we should pin all our hopes on it as we may be stuck in this shitty cycle for years.

It doesn’t bear thinking about. Mental health must be testing for everyone at the moment and another year of this and I will be in the nuthouse.

Crazy one but would letting everyone get it over 3 months and telling all at risk to quite literally stay in for 3 months be an option?!!

kaz7

It doesn’t bear thinking about. Mental health must be testing for everyone at the moment and another year of this and I will be in the nuthouse.

Crazy one but would letting everyone get it over 3 months and telling all at risk to quite literally stay in for 3 months be an option?!!
Some people are still shielding since march, it is not fair to lock them away forever, herd immunity takes years , it feels like years but it has only been six months , we might never find a vaccine but as ever the scientists are hopeful , stay well lovely x

True_Blue69

3 or 4 weeks away from another national lockdown I think.

Nah no way they know now it's nowhere near deadly enough to warrant that. Can see a 10pm curfew or some other token gesture but no way they can put the country on hold for something that most people don't even get any symptoms from. There were 50k excess deaths in the winter of 17/18 and the barely made the news. Spain's cases seem to have plateued or so I read today so hopefully at worst we will follow that trajectory.

ayrshire_blue

Spain's cases seem to have plateued or so I read today so hopefully at worst we will follow that trajectory.

So the video posted by @tomomcfc seemed to suggest BUT also pointed out that its very early days to tell if that's the case. They've since posted 11,000 cases and 239 deaths (both figures rising from the day previous). I'd be careful about wishing for anything at this stage.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.