COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think she and I are on the same page as I agreed with almost everything in that thread and it is in line with what I have been posting in here over the past couple of weeks. We have clearly been viewing the same data.

She uses the West MIdlands as an example - which is bad but the NW is worse - and does not mention the huge rise in ventilated patients. But other than that I am pleased some experts are now seeing the problem and proposing solutions. We just need our leadership to live up to that name and be both more visible and accountable. Not t9o mention unified. We likely should have had a 'war cabinet' from the start of this with the best minds across the board. We need that now as this is no longer about politics it is about the future of the nation.

As I said a few days ago here when the numbers first became obviously at a tipping point. We do have very little time now to make the right or wrong decisions. We have to make the right ones - and even those wanting a normal life so badly on here have to accept that will involve more restrictions. Because if we falter or choose unwisely now the consequence will be a catastrophioc lengthy national lockdown to try to salvage the near unsalvagable and Christmas will be nothing like we all want it to be this year. It will not be normal. But it can be better if we act soon than it will be if we dither and delay.

We have one chance to slow the tide. But time is very limited to take that chance as it is likely we are already close to the point where delay will only reult in knee jerk reactions a week or two later that will be even worse.

You initially quoted me, I'm fine with who I am. Far from a nut. You however are a cultist on here, I've out lived the lot of you so please stop trying to get rid.

Unless I die of a deadly dis-ease I ain't going anywhere, now please I'm only offering a different perspective to the facistic agenda.
WTF does, ”I’ve outlived the lot of you” mean, you nutter?

New study suggests having a cold recently could prepare your lungs to fight against covid
100% of mice infected with covid died but 100% of those that were given a normal coronavirus beforehand survived.

Could mean that lockdowns make us more vulnerable afterwards but also offer immunotherapy options

Mice are almost impossible to infect with covid 19, and those that get it get it very mildly.

I think she and I are on the same page as I agreed with almost everything in that thread and it is in line with what I have been posting in here over the past couple of weeks. We have clearly been viewing the same data.

She uses the West MIdlands as an example - which is bad but the NW is worse - and does not mention the huge rise in ventilated patients. But other than that I am pleased some experts are now seeing the problem and proposing solutions. We just need our leadership to live up to that name and be both more visible and accountable. Not t9o mention unified. We likely should have had a 'war cabinet' from the start of this with the best minds across the board. We need that now as this is no longer about politics it is about the future of the nation.

As I said a few days ago here when the numbers first became obviously at a tipping point. We do have very little time now to make the right or wrong decisions. We have to make the right ones - and even those wanting a normal life so badly on here have to accept that will involve more restrictions. Because if we falter or choose unwisely now the consequence will be a catastrophioc lengthy national lockdown to try to salvage the near unsalvagable and Christmas will be nothing like we all want it to be this year. It will not be normal. But it can be better if we act soon than it will be if we dither and delay.

We have one chance to slow the tide. But time is very limited to take that chance as it is likely we are already close to the point where delay will only reult in knee jerk reactions a week or two later that will be even worse.

A second wave was always likely if not inevitable. I think we will see more restrictions fairly soon and they need to be evidence based and communicated well by the right people. Communications from politicians and their hangers on (eg Dido) haven’t had a positive impact. Clinicians and scientists need to be giving the medical and scientific messages.

iMHO, we need to avoid a full lockdown as far as possible (and I doubt whether it work the second time around). That said, it wasn’t so bad for most people when they were allowed regular exercise.!We also need to stop the negativity that sometimes happened last time round against peole complying with the rules eg self employed trades people, gardeners etc who were working in relative isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.