COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if a second wave appears, which right now it hasn't, then fair enough.
We went far too long at the start of this, this thread was full of posts saying we’d left it to long, now we plan to prevent and it’s unnecessary apparently. I’ve no answers just a moderation of trust in what I’m advised.

So Army doing 'office jobs'....what office jobs? Does that mean hundreds of hours training or just making tea?

No worries bud; to be absolutely clear we've followed guidance to the letter, and beyond. If staff have become symptomatic they haven't set foot in school and have arranged to be tested and haven't come back unless got neg result AND symptom free for 48hrs (and not living with anyone positive). Where staff have been in contact with positive case (we've now had two staff positives, including 1st teacher yesterday - thankfully she seems to be on mend after being "floored" by it) they've isolated until result (we had six negative results yesterday and today).
This now feels very different - I had never previously directly known anyone who had caught it. We're an average sized primary in Manchester; 3rd week in school, 2 staff positive. Rest of staff now quite nervy, especially those who are more vulnerable or live with those more vulnerable. I was contacted by the Manchester Infection Hub today, I'm in pretty much daily contact with them. A local high school now has nine hundred pupils isolating. Nine HUNDRED.
Teacher friend of mine works in Saddleworth - 18 staff off due to their own children being sent home.
In my own son's class, there are 12 children off (out of class of 31) but, thankfully, no positive cases. Yet.
We won't have to worry about everyone following the new (old) advice of working from home where you can, cos every fucker will be at home anyway looking after their kids.

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel re staff, with the guidance being followed, even one staff absence can make things extremely stretched, moreso than usual.

We've been lucky so far, got symptoms and tests left right and centre but (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) no positive cases in any kids or staff yet.

For sure I have, loads of criticism on here but no answers as to what else to do. You do what you want and not what advised. If 68 million had your view, we’d soon be up shit creek.

Not exactly working now is it as they basically try to hold it back by another month or 2? They won’t be able to keep doing this so sooner or later things will return to relative normality and unfortunately people will die. Obviously if the gobshite in charge had locked down the borders and the country earlier we wouldn’t have had the most deaths in Europe either so it’s hardly surprising people aren’t particularly willing to listen much now as he changes tact almost weekly.

For sure I have, loads of criticism on here but no answers as to what else to do. You do what you want and not what advised. If 68 million had your view, we’d soon be up shit creek.

Advised? I think were well beyond the point of being advised, were turning into a draconian society with dictator Johnson in charge.

I'm a fully grown adult well capable of assessing risk and making my own decisions, not sure how far up shit creek we'd have to be for you to accept any kind of questioning of these absurd briefings our clown in charge puts out every month or so when he decides to show up

it’s happening, thousands are being positively tested, out of those many will need hospital treatment and many will die - it takes 2-3 weeks to see the real affect. I prey i’m wrong
Let's see in 3 weeks. If the massive rise in infection has only lead to a very moderate rise in people dying (which is what i suspect) then we are not seeing a second wave, we are seeing seasonal variation, same as flu etc. Anyway, I'm ducking out of this thread for a bit. There are a large number of people on here however who might want to consider applying for jobs at the university as they are clearly mathematical and medical titans and we'd love to have them working with us.

I think table service is the one good thing to come out of this, can't stand queuing at the bar. Can't see it working on Mary ds on a matchday though!

A mate of mine took over a pub a few months back ( why I dont know ), has 2 rooms and outside but only has 1 staff member on most of the time. No way they can run a table service without hiring more staff but dont have the throughput of people to afford the extra staff.

going to be interesting times for them.

About 6 months after we've found, and mass produced, a vaccine. For some the new normal will be quite different to the old normal; working from home etc.

The vaccine is going to take a lot longer to take effect than people think. It has shown to 'react' correctly in the body but it has never been tested on someone with coronavirus, so no-one knows how long it will last or whether it will even work.

It may only give a few months of immunity (no-one knows yet) meaning it has to be applied to everyone immediately or else it will just re-emerge whilst cases still exist. It's there that we will rely upon things like track and trace to keep cases in check and well I don't know if anyone has any confidence in that.

I'd say 2023 is more likely to be when 'normal' returns because it needs to be remembered that the whole world needs to eliminate the virus and that's going to take a long time. Cases might of gone down here but globally they are continuing to increase exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.