COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not kidding anyone least of all myself, why should one part of the UK benefit more than anywhere else, that is my point.

I don't agree that the "money is there" either, it's only there because we are borrowing it, and some where, some time, some one will have to pay for it all. Regardless of where we live, that'll be us, the working population of the UK.

We borrow it to bail out banks and prop up conglomerates. Don't worry about paying taxes btw, Amazon. But helping local businesses? "No chance, we're skint!" Aye right.

She's asked the UK to consider extending the furlough scheme to Scotland. It's his job and his concern to consider it for the rest of the UK, not hers. She's not asking for extra special treatment, she's asking for something which would benefit the people in the country which she is in charge of. Entirely reasonable.

My employer this morning " no more working from home for anybody, it's just an advisory by the Government & we've decided not to change anything".

Cases in the autumn don't count because they are 'seasonal variation'
I'd love to know what clown thought up that wonderful bit of sophistry.
That isn't at all what I said. I was asked what I believe would consist of a 'second wave' and I said a wave would only be a 'wave' if the numbers were over and above the normal seasonal deaths we have. People on here are aware that human beings did die before covid-19, right?

Club 19 - 30 cruise ship hoplidays to catch it? To build herd immunity. I assume that was a joke.

As in the real world even if you sent 10,000 young people on these trips for that reason and just one died as a resut the law suits would ruin the company for knowingly infecting people. And rightly end any government supporting it.

Running the real world and a computer gameplay based on letting people get sick are happily very different things.
Not a joke at all. Controlled infection with small amounts of virus and 3 week isolation for those infected whilst having a party would help us deliver Herd immunity.- A check for pre-existing conditions first of course.
And make no mistake herd immunity is the only way to end this pandemic. Be it by vaccination or people catching it.
It's financially unfeasible of course as to make it work the litigation culture would have to be suspended for those going. That isn't going to happen.

I am so pleased that you don’t have any difficulty wearing a mask all day.

As someone with a heart problem which restricts my breathing I struggle to wear one continually just for an hour.

I’m trying to stay alive for my wife, my children and my grandchildren so I suppose I qualify as one of your massively soft c***s.

But as long as you are ok .....
So you are exempt, you get a little badge and it doesn't apply to you. No issue whatsoever.

Large parts of England my arse.
The vast majority of England does not have that restriction.
They aren’t even the same.
In greater Manchester you can have a bubble in Scotland no one can visit.

read this know all, plenty of exemptions in Scotland . The whole of the north of England has been on these lockdowns which are actually more stringent with less exemptions

She's asked the UK to consider extending the furlough scheme to Scotland. It's his job and his concern to consider it for the rest of the UK, not hers. She's not asking for extra special treatment, she's asking for something which would benefit the people in the country which she is in charge of. Entirely reasonable.
I'm not saying it's unreasonable, I'm saying why should he give more of the UK's money proportionately to Scotland than anywhere else just because she wants to be seen to be different, anyway we're drifting into an area I don't really care for, politics, it just bores me to death, whatever side it is.

So you are exempt, you get a little badge and it doesn't apply to you. No issue whatsoever.

This has been brought up many times. If you have a legit reason, no problem, but you're telling me the that 90% of the population it looks like round my way all have similar issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.