COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trace and track app has been sent to me and it will not download. It says cookies are disabled despite following the instructions it still says disabled.
In such cases perhaps get a relative to do it. No that breaks the rules and as his missus is on the front line in the theatres at MRI its not a good idea.
Its seems a lot of people must be in the same boat. Want to do it but can't. Then there are those who can do this stuff with their eyes closed but won't or cant be bothered.
World beating? Game charging?
We know Boris is daft but it seems his advisers are just as daft or not strong enough to tell him the facts of life.
Was in a coffee shop yesterday. I told her my phone was too old for the new app. She said virtually everyone that had been in had phones which didn't work on the NHS app. So I filled out my details on a scruffy piece of paper like everyone else. World-beating system!

There's several large clusters at university. Of course some will be the outcome of house parties and such like but many of them probably don't deserve blame for the figures.
I think it's disgusting the way the media has scapegoated students who are being locked in their rooms and paying £9000 a year for a few Zoom lectures. A lot of these Micky Mouse universities have been ripping young people off for years. Just another poisonous PR campaign to deflect attention away from the complete failure of our politicians.

The 17 England hospital deaths were aged between 49 and 93 and one - aged 59 - had no known underlying conditions.

They are also out at the pubs etc , nobody to blame as such but the numbers dont lie , i also see virtually zero wearing masks out and about and in shops or under their chins , we have all been young and all thought we were indestructable , also the message has been the young dont get ill with it
Sorry wherever a I go and in my coffee shop it middle aged and old people not wearing masks ignoring social distancing, wearing masks as chin guards. The teenagers and young adults almost all wear their masks and follow our 2 meter rules. Most of the pictures I’ve seen from pubs of people not social distancing are also full of middle aged men.
Can’t just blame the young and those in student halls, neither can you send young people away for the first time into halls and not expect them to mix.

I think it's disgusting the way the media has scapegoated students who are being locked in their rooms and paying £9000 a year for a few Zoom lectures. A lot of these Micky Mouse universities have been ripping young people off for years. Just another poisonous PR campaign to deflect attention away from the complete failure of our politicians.
One uni has given them a month rent free and some money for food

Sorry wherever a I go and in my coffee shop it middle aged and old people not wearing masks ignoring social distancing, wearing masks as chin guards. The teenagers and young adults almost all wear their masks and follow our 2 meter rules. Most of the pictures I’ve seen from pubs of people not social distancing are also full of middle aged men.
Can’t just blame the young and those in student halls, neither can you send young people away for the first time into halls and not expect them to mix.
The numbers of infections per age group dont lie, if the rule is dont mix then dont mix

Not really.
The stupidity is not isolating our PROVEN HEALTHY young people and young adults in areas together for 3 weeks at a stretch since June and infecting them all with very small metered doses of the virus.
Free drinks and partying while there and we wouldn't have a problem now.

Thing is, Without knowing long term side effects this could be a horrific move. We know it effects nerves, could it hide in those nerves like chicken pox and come back later but worse? We don’t know. We know it effects testicles, could it effect reproductive rates in the future, we don’t know. We know it hits the heart, will that cause life long damage we don’t know.

So while you idea seems sound, it’s far from risk free and could cause significant long term damage that is unforeseen at the moment.

The numbers of infections per age group dont lie, if the rule is dont mix then dont mix
Of course they don’t lie, students in halls are going to spread it amongst themselves , is that bad as long as they don’t take it home not sure it is.
It doesn’t follow though that they are all misbehaving and having parties,unless they stay shut in their rooms they are using common facilities, and living in the same blocks.
My argument is with you saying when shopping or out and about the young are worse than middle aged or old people for wearing masks and sanitising when they aren’t.

The numbers of infections per age group dont lie,
Depends how you look at it.
The person who designed the test being used behind the stats has quite clearly said it should not be used to test for the virus..he says the results will not be accurate.
The virus has not been isolated.it picks up residual evidence of any previous cold/flu bacteria that the tested person has had in the past.

This is the main argument behind the 'False Posistive' view...
When the person who designed the test voices his concerns ,perhaps the rest of us should listen.

The numbers amongst 15-19 years age group has only particularly shot up so high since the universities opened. I don't think it's fair to stereotype the group so much. They'd have been going to pubs (or at least the older bunch) long before the uni's opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.