COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Healdplace how are cases doing compared to 2 weeks ago when Boris made his "work from home" and implemented the curfew address? Sorry if you've answered this already I'm just not able to follow the whole thread.
I do post week to week comparisons every day for all the data for the nations. The three nations reported today so far are all posted over the last few pages. I post the v last 2 weeks data for several in recent days too.

We are now at a big tipping point. Denial and delay has already cost us.

There should be an emergency meeting of the whole UK today and instant decisions on rapid action (belated as they are).

Nicola Sturgeon just now is citing figures for Blackpool (Scottish people go there a lot) and advising people it is THE place where over past weeks that Scottish people have travelled before catching Covid.

Please do not go to Blackpool she says. Do not go in pubs there (or elsewhere) to watch the Rangers/Celtic match this weekend.

But, Blackpool - of course - was EXCLUDED by the government initially from the rest of Lancashire restrictions.

Go figure.

Go figure she blames an English resort and of course, the government.

Scousers were at it again last night with large crowds, no distancing and party atmosphere to “celebrate” the pubs closing.
Just watching that , with flooding the streets before and now it is no wonder tney are in trouble with covid , braindead , selfish and mainly young twats , aided by boris giving them another last few nights on the piss, does he never learn , i bet the scientists didnt want to do that, he needs to follow their advice as we are lurching into a complete winter diaster when the nhs strugg!es pre covid , makes me even more depressed

Go figure she blames an English resort and of course, the government.

She cited evidence of 180 cases tracked to coach trips organised to Blackpool for those wanting to get around the bar closures.

I used to work in Blackpool. There were many visitors from Scotland in illuminations season even pre Covid. It is a popular weekend destination from up there so I do not find it strange that some would have used the access to get around the inability to watch football in local pubs. Which is what she was saying.

Some on here have already pointed out people from Liverpool will be coming here to watch the derby if pubs are still open here.

Just as I have long pointed out cases in Wigan were driven off a cliff by the lack of lockdown there - exempted from GM restrictions for having low numbers- when the rest of GM was shut off.

This is why I favour a national two week closure not regional ones.

Far too easy to just get to somewhere not in your town;s lockdown. And we all know those who want to will.

I agree except the scientific community are as divided as the politicians and the public.

It's interesting that the hand picked SAGE scientists are not 100% behind Boris and the Government.

Perhaps we should have a binary referendum Do you want a three month lockdown YES or NO. We could do with another 51/49 split.
it is a myth there is a big divide between scientists , you have mostly cranks and non scientists signing letters etc that people take at face value

SAGE is made up of a wide range of scientist but also behaviorists that have to judge how much the public can cope with and of course cummings goes to them , as with all big groups of people it has to be majority decision that they have to go with

So the UK total deaths today are 97. Last week it was 59. Another significant rise unfortunately.

All settings last week was 70. The actual number currently registered for that date (6 Oct) is 61.

There were 10’s of thousands of people marching up and down the country while the pubs & bars were still shut

Police basically admitted they were powerless to stop them

I think it’s going to be a lot harder to stop young people gathering like that this time round, they know there’s unlikely to be any consequence to them legal or health wise

the lockdown fatigue Whitty and Valance mentioned last time round is 100% here now

compliance will tank

She cited evidence of 180 cases tracked to coach trips organised to Blackpool for those wanting to get around the bar closures.

I used to work in Blackpool. There were many visitors from Scotland in illuminations season even pre Covid. It is a popular weekend destination from up there so I do not find it strange that some would have used the access to get around the inability to watrch football in local pubs. Whuch is what she was saying.

Some on here have already pointed out peopke from Liverpool will be coming here to warch the derby if pubs are still open here.

Just as I have long pointed out cases in Wigan were driven off a cliff by the lack of lockdown here when the rest of GM was shut off.

This is why I favour a national two week clisure not this regional one. Far too easy to just get to somewhere not in the lockdown. And we all know those who want to will.

She should pull the game given the evidence before her because asking nicely isn't going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.