COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many times you say that it will never be true
The thing is Kaz, either way, Lockdown or no Lockdown, the vulnerable people that need shielding and looking after will do so either way.

The question is, how can we make this virus disappear quicker.

The fact that many elderly and vulnerable people want everyone locked up just because they have to be does not carry a lot of weight.

Accepting we are where we are; everybody needs to think of the bigger picture and the greater good as opposed to the "how am I affected" viewpoint.

Apologies this may seem a bit tough but sadly this is how this needs to be looked at now.

'I have got things wrong in this pandemic. We all have.' Nicola adds. 'I would trade away all my approval ratings to get rid of Covid. Nothing else matters right now to me than taking the hard decisions I have to take. The more we can talk across the four nations the more clarity we bring to the message, she argues.
I'm no wee Jimmy fan but I'm sure we'd be in a better place in England if she was sat in BJ's seat calling the shots

Maybe, just maybe, people are scared, tired, fed up, broke financially and mentally and worn down due to people they know and love dying, people they know and love being made redundant and the fact that there is absolutely no signs of this ending any time soon. Maybe it's that? Chin up though! Smile for the sake of it! Be happy with what we've got.
I think the last part of what you said is very true in that there is no sign to this ending. We got through lockdown previously as it was summer and warm, quite peaceful for many and we all felt that following the rules would see a move slowly back to normality. We are now fast heading back to an even worse position than where we were and there is no real sign of an effective vaccine anytime soon it seems and with jobs and the economy things look very bleak for us all, especially in the north west. Life is pretty shit at the moment for so many people and even though i don't have anyone close to me dead from this, it really is starting to weigh heavy on my shoulders.

No matter how many times you say that it will never be true
As ive said, we all have opinions and thoughts. Thats what forums are all about.

im in and out of peoples houses all day and by a country mile the worse for not socially distancing , wearing masks or taking any precautions are older, dare i say, more vulnerable, customers.
I actually took a photo the other day of one who wanted to do a crossword a yard from where i was working to show the mrs.

so maybe if the ‘vulnerable’ shielded better we could all live with this shit show a bit better

Oldest trick in the world - show a few dickheads partying in Liverpool and then use it as a propaganda weapon to turn people against one another and deflect peoples anger from the Government.
Evidence? - see some of the above posts.
Divide and rule it's called.
Doesn't matter if it's 200 being dicks or 10...a dick is a dick.

I do take your broader point on board tho.

Soon hopefully but only if we handle coming out of it better, no reasonthose who worked at home ok in the summer ca t continue and shut down uni's till jan
If informal childcare is still allowed, I'd be all for it but it won't work as this giovernment is a shit show from start to finish. They've had 8 months to get their shit in order and haven't.

It won't just be 2 weeks, it will go on and on and the economy will be gone and the country left in tatters for years.

There are too many jobs that cannot be done from home. Factory workers, all manufacturing, fire service, police, ambulance and health sector. These roles take up a significant amount of the jobs that people in this country have. The virus will still have plenty of chance to spread through these workers.

I don't know what the answer is but I think the 'circuit breaker' is just us going around in circles once more.

The thing is Kaz, either way, Lockdown or no Lockdown, the vulnerable people that need shielding and looking after will do so either way.

The question is, how can we make this virus disappear quicker.

The fact that many elderly and vulnerable people want everyone locked up just because they have to be does not carry a lot of weight.

Accepting we are where we are; everybody needs to think of the bigger picture and the greater good as opposed to the "how am I affected" viewpoint.

Apologies this may seem a bit tough but sadly this is how this needs to be looked at now.
The vulnerable make up half of the nhs and public services as i have said before , they are still going to work , they want in return the public to be given stricter rules , locking down the vulnerable is a pointless statement , it means nothing

It has been hinted in my direction twice now that i want lockdown because i have to , that is insulting as i have repeatedly said i on!y care that nobody gets it and suffers like i have , it is concern and no other reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.