COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are certainly tested. My father in law was in after having a heart attack and was tested. 3 on his ward were positive.

So if these people hadn't gone into hospital for another reason they possibly would not have been tested? Maybe they wouldn't have tested positive as they could have picked it up in the hospital... maybe?

The point I'm trying to make is that to say the number of people who have been admitted with Corona virus is..... isn't really true is it?

A doctor in the US at the University of Washigton has just said that the worst is yet to come and he expects the death figures (218,575 so far) will go up to around 390,000 by 1 February.

Hope to goodness he is wrong as if you consider what that means the UK faces in the next three months it is scary. Especially if we are all doing so many different thing nobody has a clue what applies where.

The BBC this morning had a Q & A with experts trying to answer simple things like whether a daughter can cone home from college to see her parents thereby moving from one tier to another. Nobody is going to follow these things if you need to take an exam to figure them out.

Probably THE most important reason I am now 100% behind a circuit breaker lockdown nationwide for a few weeks is because of the unity of message and the the inability it then brings to just cross the street and claim you can do something because it is allowed there.

The utter nonsense of different tier three rules in the NW now allowed will grow like topsy with individual areas seeking concessions. And breaches increase because of the perceived unfairness.

It has to be a unified approach.

In World War Two if we had said - well the Nazi's are only going to bomb the big cities so no need to protect Cornwall it not only invites exactly that but also means the unity of the nation is diluted by trying to avoid the worst restrictions simply by moving around. Thus achieving the exportation of the problem not its containment.

What happened in Wigan should be being debated out there. I am baffled why nobody is doing this as It shows the real problem of each to their own rules.

We need to be treating this pandemic more like a war that needs unity of approach and conviction and sacrifice not areas seeking to protect their own - which if there is no unified set of rules of course they are going to do with bells on.

And that message of each to their own is exactly the opposite of what we need right now.

Last edited:
I take your point about shutting gyms and, without making this political, Boris Johnson said the same that he suffered because he was obese.
The problem isn't necessarily the gyms, but the lack of basic covid hygiene and social distancing in some of them.

I've just gone back to work on a 'fazed return' after 25 days off. I'm reasonably fit for 50. Prior to my symptoms and subsequent positive test I exercised for well over an hour a day at least 4/5 days a week. I eat pretty well but I'm still struggling with fatigue. I come home from work and need an hour or twos sleep.
I've supped some beer over the years but this is the worst 'hangover' I've ever had.
Fair point. Hope you recover soon .

A doctor in the US at the University of Washigton has just said that the worst is yet to come and he expects the death figures (218,575 so far) will go up to around 390,000 by 1 February.

Hope to goodness he is wrong as if you consider what that means the UK faces in the next three months it is scary. Especially if we are all doing so many different thing nobody has a clue what applies where.

The BBC this morning had a Q & A with experts trying to answer simple things like whether a daughter can cone home from college to see her parents thereby moving from one tier to another. Nobody is going to follow these things if you need to take an exam to figure them out.

Probably THE most important reason I am now 100% behind a circuit breaker lockdown nationwide for a few weeks is because of the unity of message and the the inability it then brings to just cross the street and claim you can do something because it is allowed there.

The utter nonsense of different tier three rules in the NW now allowed will grow like topsy with individual areas seeking concessions. And breaches increase because of the perceived unfairness.

It has to be a unified approach.

In World War Two if we had said - well the Nazi's are only going to bomb the big cities so no need to protect Cornwall it not only invites exactly that but also means the unity of the nation is diluted by trying to avoid the worst restrictions simply by moving around. Thus achieving the exportation of the problem not its containment.

What happened in Wigan should be being debated out there. I am baffled why nobody is doing this as It shows the real problem of each to their own rules.

We need to be treating this pandemic more like a war that needs unity of approach and conviction and sacrifice not areas seeking to protect their own - which if there is no unified set of rules of course they are going to do with bells on.

And that message of each to their own is exactly the opposite of what we need right now.
That is what happened in WW2, children were exported on mass to the country side.

Some cities were not defended either like Coventry. The propaganda was there though and people lapped it up. "we will fight them on the beaches" really mean you will fight them and I will be on the first plane to Iceland.

Very interesting, the evidence keeps mounting up!

So if these people hadn't gone into hospital for another reason they possibly would not have been tested? Maybe they wouldn't have tested positive as they could have picked it up in the hospital... maybe?

The point I'm trying to make is that to say the number of people who have been admitted with Corona virus is..... isn't really true is it?
What does it matter ? If they are tested on admission ,as they are supposed to be then they took it in , if they are tested several days after admission then it could be either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.