COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent thread from a numerate MP (!) on why the Great Barrington Declaration and the concept of herd immunity through community infection is bollix

Interesting thread
There’s a retort below from a supposed colleague (mentions field epidemiology) but it doesn’t go any further:

I agree that admissions are one indicator. But those in hospital day to day with Covid rising as they are means more are going in than are coming out by discharge or death. So whilst admissions will fluctuate day to day the trend over time of how many are in with Covid is surely a better guide to which direction hospitalisation numbers from Covid are going?
If someone goes into hospital for another reason (say a broken leg or a routine operation - not that there's too many of them these days) are they tested for CV19? I'd strongly suspect they were.

If they are tested and the test proved positive, are they counted as a CV19 admission?

yes I read that this morning. Sure 2021 will
Burnham won't back down on tier 3 unless there is more money on offer, and then he would reconsider?

They are hardly the actions of a person who is putting the health of Manchester first, either!

Added to the fact he has already said he would actually support another national lockdown, he's making himself look even more stupid than Boris.

The Manchester public would be impacted just the same.

He's making it a party issue and sending the same confusing messages.

The truth is there is no money left, we threw it in an obvious blind panic the first time around, the wider economy is already tanked.

The money now on offer is essentially the best it's gonna get, in a bid to just kick the can down the road a little while longer and help the NHS save as many lives as possible before hopefully a vaccine is rolled out.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing in this pandemic, I think we opened up hospitality too soon if we were serious about getting this virus down to a minimum. If the pubs were kept shut till September and backed with the furlough money with less reduction in the money to what the rest of the economy got we might not be where we are now, I can understand they need the tax revenue with receipts going down with high unemployment but opening up to trade for what looks like 3-4 months will kill off so many businesses. Manchester was booming before this virus happened and a lot happening in the economy with construction and hospitality I hope that momentum drags us out the other side.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing in this pandemic, I think we opened up hospitality too soon if we were serious about getting this virus down to a minimum. If the pubs were kept shut till September and backed with the furlough money with less reduction in the money to what the rest of the economy got we might not be where we are now, I can understand they need the tax revenue with receipts going down with high unemployment but opening up to trade for what looks like 3-4 months will kill off so many businesses. Manchester was booming before this virus happened and a lot happening in the economy with construction and hospitality I hope that momentum drags us out the other side.
Hospitality is nothing compared to schools and universities when looking at transmission rates, imo.

Give over.
May as well lock the world down by that rational.
Only superspreader events are statistically significant to take it into a new area.
Your suggestion is not impossible is it? Remember the Icelandic volcano? Planes were grounded around the world then, can't remember how long for but I'm thinking 10 days to a fortnight?

The only problem with that is every country would need to have a trial lockdown too, that is highly improbable to happen.

It will pass obviously, but your assertion that we're "a week further through winter" is daft, because winter hasn't even started yet, hell we're still on british summertime for another 2 weeks, true "winter" is often not till after christmas. The "light at the end of the tunnel" is the entrance we've just come through, it could well be a very long tunnel yet.

ok a week closer to spring. It’s about 150 days away. Can cope with that and think the world will be in a better place by then.

If someone goes into hospital for another reason (say a broken leg or a routine operation - not that there's too many of them these days) are they tested for CV19? I'd strongly suspect they were.

If they are tested and the test proved positive, are they counted as a CV19 admission?
They are certainly tested. My father in law was in after having a heart attack and was tested. 3 on his ward were positive.

Burnham won't back down on tier 3 unless there is more money on offer, and then he would reconsider?

They are hardly the actions of a person who is putting the health of Manchester first, either!

Added to the fact he has already said he would actually support another national lockdown, he's making himself look even more stupid than Boris.

The truth is there is no money left, we threw it in an obvious blind panic the first time around, the wider economy is already tanked.

The money now on offer is essentially the best it's gonna get, in a bid to just kick the can down the road a little while longer and help the NHS save as many lives as possible before hopefully a vaccine is rolled out.

people demanding more money now

People demanding more money now will be same people whining when taxes go up to pay it all back
Let’s just get corbyn it lend burnham his Magic money printer
Then we’ll all be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.