COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll also revealed that 67% of people would support a short "circuit breaker" lockdown in England
The same percentage said they are scared about the impact of COVID-19 this winter.

trouble is Kaz businesses are not getting supported like they were and some are not getting supported at all.

Can someone explain to me why rooney will have to miss three games (10 days) despite testing negative after coming into contact with a "friend" who has since tested positive.

I don't really understand some of these isolating rules, sometimes it's 7, then 10, and quarantine 14 days, why are they different ?
It goes off the last time you were in contact with them, so if he saw them on say Monday and they had symptoms later and went for a test but didn’t get the result until 4 days after he last saw them so it’s now Thursday then he does 10 days, he’s already had 4 away from them so that’s 14 altogether. If he saw them Monday and they tested positive that day he would have to do 14 days, yet the person who is positive only has to do 10 days.

Would it be cynical to think there has been extra testing in GM over the weekend?
funny enough a new covid test centre was opened by the Bishops Blaize by the Swamp squeezed into what looked like a very small carpark I noticed this morning

I was unfortunate enough to have to nip into Tesco at Padiham this lunchtime.
Myself and very few others wearing masks, kids running through the shop, as kids like to do, huddles of 40ish year olds chatting and blocking the isles.
Staff with their masks under their chins, shouting banter to their pals.
Expect it’s the same all over the country.
Stay safe, Blues.

BBC News just announced the government will impose tier 3 on GM unless Andy Burnham accepts it by midday tomorrow.

Seems he thought there was a deal on offer but the government have not come back on this since discussions earlier and now look like they have decided to issue an ultimatum instead via the BBC.

But then the same news just said that case rates in Manchester are now falling. Which they will be if they are looking at last week's data as it did fall daily for a while when they were telling us it was going up.

But not today. They are going up when we are told they are going down.

Monty Python made a fortune writing stuff like this.

Last edited:
I fancy Dublin again soon. Is it a no go at the moment?

You would have to stay here for two weeks unless you went up to Belfast to do a UK to UK flight. Unsure how well it's policed but upon arrival in Ireland you fill in a form stating contact details, address of where you will stay, etc. On return to the UK you wouldn't have to stay in for 2 weeks though. I suppose the shorter answer is that it probably isn't worth it at this time as pubs are back to takeaway only.

Assuming the idea is to buy time for a vaccine. At what point is an alternative strategy to continuous lockdowns is adopted if a successful vaccine is not forthcoming?

I was unfortunate enough to have to nip into Tesco at Padiham this lunchtime.
Myself and very few others wearing masks, kids running through the shop, as kids like to do, huddles of 40ish year olds chatting and blocking the isles.
Staff with their masks under their chins, shouting banter to their pals.
Expect it’s the same all over the country.
Stay safe, Blues.

Except it's not like that all over the country.

When I go shopping round here I'd say 90% of the people I see are wearing masks and adhering to distancing recommendations.

You would have to stay here for two weeks unless you went up to Belfast to do a UK to UK flight. Unsure how well it's policed but upon arrival in Ireland you fill in a form stating contact details, address of where you will stay, etc. On return to the UK you wouldn't have to stay in for 2 weeks though. I suppose the shorter answer is that it probably isn't worth it at this time as pubs are back to takeaway only.

That’s off the list too then! Just like Germany.

I’m not far off getting moved so time to concentrate on that. Roll on 2021...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.