COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know nothing about how they came to their conclusions and you would be unqualified to asses it if you did. Your opinion against the experts is worthless. Its founded on your own starting bias.

The appeal to authority argument is weak. Any expert should be able to withstand scrutiny, if they can't then they might not be as clever as you think they are.

Age of infections in scotland

191 people over 65
51 of whom are over 85

55 kids under 15

225 people aged 15-24

770 people aged 25-64

***6 deaths***

2 people aged 85+
1 person aged 75-84
3 people aged 65-74

England and Regional hospital data not as good for NW today.

Up 391 patients in last 24 hours in England to 9213 - was 6823 last week.

Ventilators up 15 to 815 - was 631 last week.

I think it was in the economist. Yes, here you go

It's from quite early in the pandemic, may be more up to date info now.

Cheers.

I saw back in September that the average age of death from covid was 81 for males and 85 for females.

In which case, based on ONS Life Tables the average number of years of lost life due to Covid would be around 8 years for males and 7 years for females

The appeal to authority argument is weak. Any expert should be able to withstand scrutiny, if they can't then they might not be as clever as you think they are.
Scrutiny from whom? unqualified posters on a football forum? or their peers? because the overwhelming majority of their peers agree with them. This is a pandemic not something trivial. Misinformation and lies are dangerous. I can't believe that some find that controversial. If it was in it's own "alternative theories" thread i wouldn't even bring it up but it's in a thread where a lot of people will get their info from, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.