COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many suicides a day? Small compared with potential number of Covid deaths. Getting so pissed off with people trying to bend stats to fit their own position.
did i give you any numbers er no? i told you a fact. suicides go up in recessions, and thats recessions without social lockdowns which will undoubtedly make things worse. just let me know what ive bent there? sorry you feel peed off for reading something you dont like or misread.

So you dont have an issue with mental health problems rising, suicide rates going up. and other health services being put on the back burner as long as nearly all resources are put into covid. Because that is exactly what is happening.
The problem is that other health services are on the back burner because of large numbers of covid cases . The way to maintain health services is to depress the virus.
There are lots of other trade offs and mental health problems are certainly one but other health services are not a trade off. You cannot maintain a high level of helath are provision simultaneously with a high level of virus transmission.

I suspected as much.

Their only concern is profit,they are nothing like an independent in terms of the rules,the members or the mentality.

I hate the places at the best of times,a proper wanker magnet.

You'd need to judge each on its merits......but personally i wouldn't have too much of an issue if those fuckers had their doors shut,as the criticism/concern aimed at the industry may well be justified.

As said previously,visit an Independent and(in the main....) its a different game entirely.

I called you on there being a cost analysis against epidemics. For me, life over money every day of the week.
Are you one of these lock the oldies up and let the young ones get on with it?
i form my own opinions based on my life experiences and knowledge, i am happy to do so, i dont get pushed into corners, i try and be respectful of others and i take responsibility for my actions and life choices. i think there are better ways of dealing with covid. but it would take a stronger government than what we have. anyway im not wanting an argument. so have a good day. cheers.

i form my own opinions based on my life experiences and knowledge, i am happy to do so, i dont get pushed into corners, i try and be respectful of others and i take responsibility for my actions and life choices. i think there are better ways of dealing with covid. but it would take a stronger government than what we have. anyway im not wanting an argument. so have a good day. cheers.
Wasn't looking for any argument, just expressing my opinion based on my beliefs. Life is so precious and there are no rehersals.

I do agree, stronger leadership is needed.

did i give you any numbers er no? i told you a fact. suicides go up in recessions, and thats recessions without social lockdowns which will undoubtedly make things worse. just let me know what ive bent there? sorry you feel peed off for reading something you dont like or misread.
You quoted it as a way to reinforce the consideration of suicides as a factor that should play some part in lock down decisions. For clarity average suicide rates in the UK are barely into 2 digits per 100k of population per annum. Covid deaths are currently at 2.3 per 100k of population per week. Whilst suicides are tragic they shouldn't have an influence on fighting Covid.

You can give your opinion on anything you want. It does not mean it is worth anything compared to the consensus of the qualified experts. This is a pandemic not football manager. Do you listen to the average man in the streets opinion on say cancer treatment? Fire safety or do you bow to the experts?
This is a forum, not a SAGE meeting. SAGE aren’t coming on here to see what we’ve got to say, but we will all discuss the rights and wrongs of what they do, like any other matter.

They/the govt don’t seem to have looked at evidence that gyms aren’t really contributing much to spreading this virus and ignored the fact that’s schools are, massively. A barmy situation from them to put jobs and businesses at risk for what will be negligible impact on cases and deaths.

How many suicides a day? Small compared with potential number of Covid deaths. Getting so pissed off with people trying to bend stats to fit their own position.
Shouldn't we also consider the number of undiagnosed cancer patients there are due to Covid, or the number of fatal heart attacks and strokes that have gone untreated because of covid as well as the mental stress that many people are having to endure because if Covid?

Or are these meaningless and irrelevant statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.