COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuff like that is ridiculous, i do agree that behaviour like that is entirely avoidable. There is a massive inertia when it comes to stopping people's regular way of life, in terms of this long drag of people not adapting, whether that being truly selfish "i dont care" or more naive/stupid "it's only me" sort of attitudes. And while i am agreeing with you, that this lack of personal responsibility is playing out across the UK, i personally dont think it is as impactful as schools (and the odd isolation rules that come with them), universities, colleges, eat out to help out and high street shopping (this, for me, is way bigger than pubs and bars). It's all just a guessing game though isn't it.
I wouldn’t like to pin point any particular reason for its spread. I‘ve only eaten out twice since March, once in St Ives and once in Dartmouth. Both places felt safe and we were next to an open window both times.
However that was my choice to ‘risk it’ and potentially get COVID just as the other diners also took their risks. Unlike the dick in my daughter’s school who put everyone else at risk without them being aware.
My daughter cancelled her holiday as she knew she wouldn’t be back in time to quarantine if needed so was really annoyed that a colleague basically shit on the rest of them.

That's true mate but that's what large parts of Britain are like, which is why the government's delayed, dithering, unsure, softly-softly approach going right back to early March and at every step since has been a calamity. The two things cannot be separated, and nether can the ignoring of the rules by politicians, particularly Cummings.

I think we can all agree that the whole national approach to this pandemic has been a massive disaster from top to bottom.
Priceless, if I didn’t know better I would think you a scouser.

the flip side of the argument is that too many years of the nanny state and giving into people with ‘hurt feelings’ as led us down this path, but that’s for the politics thread.

I’m not sure it’s the only factor, but it certainly is one that can be avoided.

A member of staff at my daughter’s school went on holiday to Spain and returned the day before school started. The head had warned that anyone who went to a country where you needed to quarantine on return you must give yourself enough time before school opened or maybe lose pay.
So this upstanding member of the community chose not to tell the school she had been on holiday.
Three days after return she goes off sick with, guess what? How many will she have infected in school? It was completely avoidable but her selfish actions could put someone else at risk.
There’s a whole thread of cunts on here advising each other how to dodge the quarantine and where to go for relaxed covid procedures alongside cheap beer abroad.
Perhaps everyone who is currently holidaying abroad should be sacked on return.

There’s a whole thread of cunts on here advising each other how to dodge the quarantine and where to go for relaxed covid procedures alongside cheap beer abroad.
Perhaps everyone who is currently holidaying abroad should be sacked on return.
Depends on whether they follow the rules on their return.
This lady didn’t, however plenty do.

ONS data on where deaths with Covid mentioned as a contributory cause on death certificate occurred in pandemic to date v the most recent data (week ending 23 October).

Location /// Numbers over pandemic //// in week ending 23 Oct

Hospital /// 35, 479 /// 763

Care Home /// 15, 972 /// 153

At home /// 2643 /// 49

Hospice /// 775 /// 8

Other locations //// 442 /// 5

Last edited:
England hospital deaths - new high sadly.

225 with 80 from the NW. Most yet. 51 North East & Yorks and 40 Midlands.

63 of the 80 NW deaths on Sat/Sun/Mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.