COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect people with co-morbidies will get the mRNA virus with the rest of us getting the Oxford vaccine. It makes sence.

It very much is the case that time will prove it. If in say a year, or five or ten, no bad side effects come to light, then we will know for certain. Hopefully it won't happen, but that fear is in some people's minds all the same. Especially those old enough to remember what happened with thalidomide, which was likewise trialed, approved and 'safe'. (Though I fully understand the different aspects of that drug, and also the testing advancements since)

I expect that most all though, despite such fears will comply with having the vaccine. Not least because of guilt tripping, but the very likely scenario of not being able to travel, go to gigs, theatres, sports events, even pubs and shops without it, will ensure that they do.
I understand that fear and at nearly 58 I remember Thalidomide in children slightly older than me. But when you say ‘if no bad side effects come to light’ you mean in the people who HAVE taken it. Personally I’ll have the vaccine (I’m on a trial so may already have done). Ive children between the ages of 18 and 32 and I don’t want them to have to live like this for a moment longer than they need to. But I might feel differently if my circumstances were different.

England hospital deaths:

178 - DOWN from 190 last Monday.

Always a low point as it is Sunday data but a fall is a fall.

And just 19 from NW - lowest in many weeks versus 45 last Monday.

Strange that some seem to want to downplay the effectiveness of the vaccine developed here and that we have most access to.
I don't think anyone's trying to do that.
If your referring to the efficacy of the vaccine then as I understand it most of the sample testing was done with full/full dose which gave 62% efficacy but a much smaller sample ( half/full dose) showed 90% efficacy. The weighted average was 70%.
So I'm assuming testing on a much larger sample size on a half/full dose basis will now be carried out. This will be important for the roll out so it will be important to see what the scientists say in tonight's press conference.

Astrazeneca share price won't depend much on this. It's being done on a not for profit basis, at least in the short term.

3 billion doses planned for next year. :-)
That’s one in the eye for the conspiracy theorist on my FB who thinks this virus is a complete hoax that has been engineered so a few big pharma companies and Bill Gates can make a fortune off the back of it.

Details of the 178 England hospital deaths

Ages 20 - 39 (1), 40 - 59 (6), 60 - 79 (72), 80 + (99)

Regions aside from the 19 NW (always under reported by NW from Sunday): 59 NE & Yorks, 44 Midlands

England / NW hospital deaths 3 wks ago v 2 wks v today

118/29 NW v 167 / 36 NW v 190 / 45 NW v 178 / 19 today

NW % week to week: 25 v 22 v 24 v 11% today - lowest percentage yet despite the Monday low reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.