COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a clear, mathematically defined, roadmap showing how an area will be placed in what tier. No more of this safe Tory seat in tier 1 whilst Labour seats with lower infection rates are put in higher tiers.

If they get this wrong they’ll lose a lot of people, me included. If I get a whiff of any place with a higher infection being in a lower tier than Salford, I’ll simply ignore the rules for the tier Salford is in and operate as if I was living in the other place.

Also, no more lumping Greater Manchester in one big area.
284 per 100k cases in manchester any chance we get put in tier 2?? Birmingham leicester high 300s shirley tier 3 london 140 obviously tier 1???

My opinion on this is that they’ll look to put the Liverpool region in a tier below Manchester. Basically to show what happens when you are a compliant good boy like Liverpool were, not a naughty little girl like Manchester was, also to show how this mass testing works. They won’t be putting Liverpool in T1, so that means T2 for Liverpool and T3 for us, but I reckon there’ll be areas with higher infection rates than us in T2.

After 3-5 days bellyaching from Burnham, they’ll drop us into T2.

Mrs Gaz has just been sent home from work to get a test because her brew didn't taste like a strong coffee, pray for us its negative, or if its positive pray for us even more being stuck in the house with a hyped up soon to be 3 year old for 14 days!!!

Just an update to the small part of the shitshow that Mrs Gaz experienced.

Went for a test Friday dinner time, no text or email about it so rang 119 yesterday tea time after 15 minutes on the phone telling the lady on the other end everything from her email address to her bra size she was told her test had been sent off but hadn't been allocated to anyone, 20 minutes later she thankfully) got the negative result text but this was after 3 days of worry and panic. Small Gaz had to stay off school yesterday the teachers reaction when she rocks up today might be fun.

Anyway anyone who has a test and doesn't get their results within 24 hours I recommend chasing them up

Also, no more lumping Greater Manchester in one big area.

My opinion on this is that they’ll look to put the Liverpool region in a tier below Manchester. Basically to show what happens when you are a compliant good boy like Liverpool were, not a naughty little girl like Manchester was, also to show how this mass testing works. They won’t be putting Liverpool in T1, so that means T2 for Liverpool and T3 for us, but I reckon there’ll be areas with higher infection rates than us in T2.

After 3-5 days bellyaching from Burnham, they’ll drop us into T2.
Pretty much spit on apart from suggesting Burnham might moan for up to five days. He has been very quiet since his 15 seconds of fame. Probably working on how to get re-elected whilst not mentioning the proposed congestion charge he wants to bring in which will be another kick in the teeth to all those city centre businesses he professes to support.

Just an update to the small part of the shitshow that Mrs Gaz experienced.

Went for a test Friday dinner time, no text or email about it so rang 119 yesterday tea time after 15 minutes on the phone telling the lady on the other end everything from her email address to her bra size she was told her test had been sent off but hadn't been allocated to anyone, 20 minutes later she thankfully) got the negative result text but this was after 3 days of worry and panic. Small Gaz had to stay off school yesterday the teachers reaction when she rocks up today might be fun.

Anyway anyone who has a test and doesn't get their results within 24 hours I recommend chasing them up
I've done that and got fobbed off by 24/48hrs someone will be in touch and I've still heard nowt 8days on,
Funny enough just got of the phone to 119,and the girl said is doesn't matter now anyway as you've done 10 days isolating,
Absolutely a joke..

Astra Zeneca's behaviour has been exemplary.
A global company that could have made a financial killing out of this pandemic and yet here they are producing a safe, effective vaccine at the lowest cost and on a no profit basis with the objective of maximising the distribution to all countries affected.
Good on 'em.
Only non profit for under developed Countries which is fair enough, if they make a butty out of the developed world who cares really? It's so cheap I'd gladly pay for the vaccine with the money being redistributed to less fortunate countries.

I said the same the other day yet some still disagreed with the rationale behind my thinking. They need to be transparent about what puts you into what tier or they will lose the majority of the country. Also making the decisions this week, 1 week in advance of the measures coming in is also daft. We have seen from the start how quick the virus can change and a week is a long time.
They need to give businesses some notice so they know if they can reopen or not to get stock in, staff rotas sorted etc, how can they do that without any prior notice of whether they can open or not?

They need to give businesses some notice so they know if they can reopen or not to get stock in, staff rotas sorted etc, how can they do that without any prior notice of whether they can open or not?

Appreciate they need to get stock sorted but staff rotas shouldn't be particularly difficult. My point was that they will potentially be giving these places notice that they can't open, but by the time the potential opening date comes around the cases may well have been less enough to open after all, or vice versa.

Whilst I don’t run a business I do understand the necessity of getting in stock and staff.
That‘s why I just grin at those who keep saying when stricter measures are introduced we should do it immediately without any warning, without any understanding how much waste alone that makes.

Appreciate they need to get stock sorted but staff rotas shouldn't be particularly difficult. My point was that they will potentially be giving these places notice that they can't open, but by the time the potential opening date comes around the cases may well have been less enough to open after all, or vice versa.
Of course it is. Staff could be furloughed and so they need time to sort out childcare, transport etc to go back to work. All at a days notice? At least this way they get a fighting chance, you are talking hundreds of thousands of businesses affected, bars, restaurants, cafes, theatres, hotels, holiday parks, cinemas, sports arenas, wholesalers, suppliers. And you want to give them one days notice to reopen or not. Give over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.