COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue b4 the moon

I checked the 100 ward level Pop Scores that have the highest weekly Pop Score at that very local level.

THE worst one in the UK is Summerfield (West Midlands) with a scary weekly Pop of 1293.

Central Burnley at 737 is the only one outside the midlands, south or east in the top 10.

Castleton in Rochdale at 677 is the first GM ward to appear at number 20.

Moorside and Sholver in Oldham is at number 40 with a score of 600.

Fairfield in Bury is at number 58 with a score of 560.

Langley in Rochdale at number 65 with a score of 547.

Leigh South East in Wigan is at 94 with a score of 509.

And Newall Green in Manchester at 96 with a score of 508 is the only other GM ward in the top 100, And the only Manchester City ward in the top 200 listed.

There are a couple of others from Bolton, Salford and Bury in the 100 to 200 numbers but it is nothing like it was two or three weeks ago when GM dominated the list.

There was hardly any wards south of Birmingham then either but they are getting more common.
Wow, that really brings home the shift from the NW.

Must be a bonus typing relatively good news recently.

BlueAnorak

Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?
Employing more people? Nope.
Perhaps they need money to buy a new fridge or -80⁰C freezer?
I await their explanation.
Perhaps it will cost money to remove the razor wire to let the public in?

squirtyflower

Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?
Had a real issue since last Wednesday so phoned the doctor yesterday.
After a 25 minute wait booked a telephone appointment. Didn’t recognise the doctor’s name but it was good that he phoned within the hour.

Anyhow, he listened to the symptoms and looked at my previous issues with similar symptoms. It ended up with him asking me “What do you think it is?
WTF!

mosssideblue

I know for the flu jabs, the surgery here had to bring in locums to administer them, so I suspect the same for covid

Fred_Quimby

Our local GP had to bring in extra staff over the weekend to administer the flu jab. Probably going to do the same for Covid.

shemnel

in terms of vaccination, can't we just do a similar thing as for election day? even use the polling stations? one big day, 6am to 11pm, nearly all staff on duty, few nurses to administer and volunteers to help. or is this just far to fanciful? should get through 50% of the population

twosips

Had a real issue since last Wednesday so phoned the doctor yesterday.
After a 25 minute wait booked a telephone appointment. Didn’t recognise the doctor’s name but it was good that he phoned within the hour.

Anyhow, he listened to the symptoms and looked at my previous issues with similar symptoms. It ended up with him asking me “What do you think it is?
WTF!

Had sumat similar recently where the conclusion was basically 'what do you want me to do?'. Not in a dismissive way. Just a genuine question. I had to say well id like to find out what's wrong. Can I have a scan or something? Was baffled though

Churchlawtonblue

Seems a little odd, as you havent been able to get into our surgery for months. you would think they would have some spare staff. or at least had the time to train some up administer an injection.

artfuldodger

in terms of vaccination, can't we just do a similar thing as for election day? even use the polling stations? one big day, 6am to 11pm, nearly all staff on duty, few nurses to administer and volunteers to help. or is this just far to fanciful? should get through 50% of the population
The vaccine trial I am on are using Manchester Rugby club. If it has the facilities to carry out vaccine trials it surely can cope with the real thing.

shemnel

The vaccine trial I am on are using Manchester Rugby club. If it has the facilities to carry out vaccine trials it surely can cope with the real thing.

i am certain im completely over simplifying this but if (if) the vaccine is fridge storage only, then cant it just be administered anywhere, like they do with flu jabs when they go to schools etc etc. Just hyper-localised mass vaccination, very similar to election day. Dunno. i'll have missed something massive no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.